Household Movers Guide

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dcedlr, Oct 25, 2008.

1. dcedlr

dcedlr Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Where can I find the guide to calculate mileage? I want to know if I am getting paid for the mileage per the guide. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I dunno about any paper guide - but if you google for PC Miler, that will work. PC Miler uses (I'm told) the HMG mile calculator

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  4. phantominterventionist

phantominterventionist Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    The American Association of Moving and Storage, Alexandria Virginia is the keeper of Household Movers Guide. They will sell you the software for it, but pricey. PC miler is a different product and is not the same as HMG. Your truckers map Rand McNally is a licensee and the mileage charts in the back are Household Movers Guide, however not the Practical Miles, at least that is what they told me in last conversation with them.

5. das1driver

das1driver Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Atoka,TN.
    what is the difference between practical miles and household movers guide miles?

6. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    i wanna know the answer too that last post too thanks:biggrin_2556:

7. MadMac

MadMac Bobtail Member

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Practical miles are generally the best route, interstate or major highway. HMG is the SHORTEST way possible, taking every known road, to get the shortest. Some may not be truck routes.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I have an old HMG(pre-computer) Mileages are between major cities. Depending on the size of the city there is a radius that is circled,if a town falls in the circle they used the major city mileage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.