Houston Crude Hauling

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Blender_Pretender, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Blender_Pretender

Blender_Pretender Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2014
    I'm looking for crude hauling jobs in the Houston area. Looking for feedback on companies in the area such as Enterprise, BlueKnight, Dupree, and others worth looking at. What the schedules are, compensation, insurance, etc. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Check out Central Crude, they pay around $22/hr and I believe they run a 4/2 schedule in Houston. Their TX trucks are mostly brand new, same with their trailers. They haul almost exclusively for Shell but they're a good company all in all. I'd also take a look at Sunoco and Taylor. All well established companies that pay well.

Central Crude has 2 Houston terminals that I know of, one in Channel View (it's closer to downtown than Channel View) and one in Conroe (half hour or so north of Houston).

4. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    If you have 2 years t/t driving experience, I would suggest Dupree. I've never heard a bad thing about them. They pay well by the hour. I think they do a 5-2/5-3 schedule, slip seat which limits your hours. But, you could do $60-70k/yr and actually have a life to boot.

5. cplmac2

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Dupree only hauls fuel and coke in LA, they haul crude in TX?

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Yep....quite a bit last I heard. Earlier this year, was told they were looking for something like 200 crude drivers in TX.

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Arky is correct...Dupree was offering 28 out of the Gonzales area.....

Thing was....offers started at 22 ...... negotiator's with skills and experience got the 28.

Heard they were holding firm at 22 in Houston.....

8. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

In the Houston area I see: Enterprise, Gibson/Taylor, Bridger, Dupre, South C&C, Martin, SunCoast, Firebird, Gulfmark, Texas Gathering, Mission(listed from most trucks I see to the least I see in the Houston area) .

Not sure about the others but I know Dupre is looking to ramp up the driver number in Houston. Pay tops out at $26 hour ($28 for nights) but you need 5+ years of verifiable crude experience to get that. The min requirement is 6 months crude experience. And you don't need to negotiate on the pay, Dupre has a pay schedule based on years of crude hauling experience so we all know what each other makes.

RockinChair, Arky and wowo6057 Thank this.
  9. Blender_Pretender

Blender_Pretender Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2014
    I see a lot of Enterprise trucks around town as well. I don't see much information about them on the forum. Anyone have any current information on them?

10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Wow.. cool heir Dr.......... So you know what I made at Enterprise ? That was supposed to be confidential........and of course we all know recruiters are full of it..... I prolly shouldn't have repeated what the Dupre' guys told me... sorry man.

I'll try too tighten up in the future.....

11. cplmac2

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    South C&C is the Texas branch of Central Crude out of Louisiana, they actually are the company that Central Crude drivers actually draw their paychecks from now. Gulfmark will run you hard but you can make money there. They were an option I was looking at before coming to ND, but they work 5/1 in LA and if I'm going to work that kind of schedule I figured I may as well head north and take a huge pay bump. Where I'm at in the Bakken we work 6/1 for HOS purposes. I've talked with Gulfmark drivers regularly in LA for the past three years, most are happy with the pay but not happy with their job. I suppose that's probably normal in most jobs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.