Houston Crude Hauling

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Blender_Pretender, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

No problem here just saying once you get into the interview at Dupre they will hand you a sheet with the pay levels, all pay levels based on years of experience with crude. At least that is what they did with me. I can pull the sheet out and see what I will make after I have another year of experience so I know what raise to expect. And not saying I know what you made over at Enterprise, I mean we (Dupre drivers) all know what the other drivers at Dupre are making because it is based on experience with crude, not negotiations with the hiring manager.

That said they are hiring big time in the Houston area. They are moving from 5 on 2 off/ 5 on 3 off to a 6 on 2 off schedule. Some don't like that part. Otherwise most of the equipment in Houston is new or almost new and they have good benefits and bonus but the 401K sucks.

Seattle206 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Easttexan

Easttexan Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Longview,Texas
    Shoot me a PM and I can tell you bout all you need to know about Sonoco as I currently work for them.

4. Blender_Pretender

Blender_Pretender Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2014
    If you're able to PM me and don't mind go ahead! I can't send PM's yet. Not enough posts.

5. Rockdoctor

Keep hearing the chicken littles say the sky is falling and the sun is setting on another crude boom. Don't believe the hype! For what it's worth, our company is looking to hire about 200 crude haulers in 2015. They recently announced a pay increase too.

6. Rockdoctor

A quick update on Houston crude hauling...

South C&C- went from hourly to % of load pay. Hear you can make in the low $200's on the long run and low $100's on the medium haul. Doing 2 long hauls possible if everything goes perfect but expect 14+ hours to get that, more likely to get a long and medium run. Losing quite a few drivers recently who did not like being moved off hourly pay.

Gibson- heard they let go of some drivers but seems to be over quality of work not loss of loads. Still paying %, many drivers working for O/O or lease/OO running there. They put PeopleNet into the trucks early this year, drivers who use to fudge and make good money complain they can't do that anymore. Rumor of some lease operators quitting to move on and heard some who had multiple trucks were getting negative settlements.

Bridger- pay is %, according to source in Oil Tanking they still haul the most loads into that facility but have not been hiring for 6+ months in the Houston area. Had higher rates than Gibson and already had Qualcomm in the trucks in 2014.

Dupre- pay is by the hour, seem to be adding more work, have fresh ads up looking to hire. Hear the company may be positioning itself to shed some nonproductive drivers once they hire more better quality drivers. Have a 40HR guarantee and new equipment. Have Qualcomm in the trucks, working 5/2 then 5/3 schedule.

Martin- pay is %, had drivers leave, company told drivers not to expect a pay raise in 2015. Also may have heard that the bonus was being chopped but can't confirm that one.

Enterprise- they put electronic logs in the trucks in 2015. Drivers had been running on % and were given a bump in % pay to cover the loss of loads due to electronic logs (it is hard for a driver to run out and back twice in 14hrs from the area they pick up and deliver to). Now hearing they will be going to hourly pay. Also have a guarantee on hours per week but heard something about no overtime until after 50 or 55 hours. Some suspect they may be looking to shed the trucking division but that is speculation.

Gulfmark- pay is %, suspect something going on there, have not seen the volume of drivers at the Targa facility that use to run into there. Heard a while back some of their drivers were making good money.

Texas Gathering- pay is %, heard some drivers who work for O/O leased onto Texas Gathering looking to leave. Not making as much money as in the past.

SunCoast- pay is hourly, they are working on a trail basis for Shell. Hear the trail period may be coming to an end soon so will have to see if they continue to haul crude in the area.

Gemini- pay is %, hauling for BP into the Houston area. Equipment is very new and clean. Not sure on much else with this carrier.

Mission- pay is %, do not see very many of them around but they obviously have a contract with Shell. Heard a while back they were looking to add more trucks to the Houston area.

Firebird- can't say much about them, rarely see them in the area anymore.

Rodeorowdy and Seattle206 Thank this.
  7. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    “It will take two barbers to shave a guy, because they’ve got some pretty long faces out there, but, they’ll be back in a year and a half” - T. Boone Pickens on the temporary downturn to Houston, San Antonio and Midland.

8. BentleyB

BentleyB Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Northampton PA
    Any one still working for dupree? I'm tring to get hired on for channel view.

9. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Has anyone heard of Pioneer Carriers out of Houston? They are a small 3rd party crude hauler. I'm told they have a few trucks in south and west TX.

10. Htown driver

Htown driver Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Gulfmark- the rate for loads from Caldwell to Targa (Houston,TX) dropped. Might start taking those loads elsewhere starting May 1,2015

11. Malleus2

Malleus2 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Awesome!!! Thanx!! Any info on dillion transport?

Htown driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.