How are meritor fredomline transmisions on 2005 volvos????

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by 05vnl670, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. pirke

pirke Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Hi everybody i wonder is it same deal if this transmision is in 2007 Columbia with Mercedes engine, and could u recomend some shop in chicago area that know to work on them ?

3. BCBC

BCBC Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
    Exact same problem on 2004 Volvo 780. Where are these sensors? Our truck stalls and won't take to a gear when this happens. Stop, wait, restart then we can drive for a bit. No real solution.

4. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Hello
    The following link is the zf dealer for Canada.
    They have dealers across the country. I have been told by them that a rebuild transmission Zf complete is $8000.00 exchanged, i believe it also includes the clutch. That Gs3 is 2200 for the bottom bit the shift air actuator or for the brain and shifter programmed to 2005 Volvo ISX 500hp for $3000.00 that is complete with air regulator and gaskets. This is in Canadian dollars. Hope this helps.

I have spoken with Paul at the Gearcenter in Mississauga just last Friday and we had a question about the greasing procedure of the clutch actuator and he put me on to a tech ( a real mechanic not a parts changer) who spoke with my mechanic for 10 mins - free. Thats service.
    http://www.gearcentre-offhwy.com

5. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Oh
    I have the complete parts book and the shop manual for the Zf.
    I can either email or try to post here.
    Let me know please.

6. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    All internal parts for ZF are available, including TCU assembly.

seems to me, you have problem with worn clutch servo

7. JrVnl780

JrVnl780 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Hey there I just removed a zf freedomline and replaced it with a fro 16210b, im having trouble finding the VSS, and trans temp, reverse light harness from the truck

8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    this harness is plugged in under cab you have to probably order new harness from trans to under the cab connections.

9. JrVnl780

JrVnl780 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Ok, under cab where there old trans wiring comes out? Or do I remove that harness also from under dash and get new harness for the 10 speed?, And also a tech from volvo here in Tucson came out and changed the parameters on yhe cummins side from auto to manual, and he said there was nothing on the volvo side (vehicle ecu) to change, is this right?
    And if I go to try and start it it says check vehicle ecu, but again the new trans harness is not connected, could that be why its not turning over?
    Sorry for too many questions

10. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    He should change parameters not only in engine ECM, but in VECU and Instrumental cluster

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.