How are things at Covenant?

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by chrisfly, Dec 4, 2015.

1. chrisfly

chrisfly Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2015
    I haven't seen much activity on this thread, which is usually a good thing about the company. How are things currently going with covenant?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chrisfly

Oct 15, 2015
  4. chrisfly

Oct 15, 2015
    Any advice from current employees on how to succeed at Covenant?

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Why would you want to go there?

americanmadetrucker Thanks this.
  6. chrisfly

Oct 15, 2015
    I am a new graduate, teaming with my girlfriend and they offer the best pay.

rachi Thanks this.
  7. HappyTruckerDrew

HappyTruckerDrew Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I'm starting with covenant in March. They're paying for my CDL school. If anyone has any advice or opinions on how to survive the 35 day training and first 90 days there I'm all ears. Vague comments like "they're terrible" or "find another company" are useless.

8. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Start looking for a codriver right away.

Not much else I can say. Youre either going to love trucking or hate it. Really though who wants to sit down driving 10+ hours a day?..lol. You have to be very different to enjoy this type of work.

I enjoyed working for covenant though. Made great money..bought a car last year and saved alot of money.

I have nothing back home so I prefer to be out on the road away from all these backstabbing two faced people out there I used to call "friends." just me myself and I. Thats why i love trucking.

9. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Quit covenant last year...now im going back to covenant sometime next week.

I got laid off doing a dedicated gig near my area...miles dropped and everyone got laid off It was good while it lasted being home on weekends.

Im tired of jop hopping so going to back to covenant because they always kept us moving.

10. ForrestATrucker

ForrestATrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi, my wife and I did the 35 days with a trainer and I will admit it was rough. 3 people in a truck is crowded but it went quickly. Make sure your trainer lets you back up. Anytime the truck is backing up, one of the students should be doing it. We have been with Covenant for 4 years and we love it so far. But you must be patient. Miles will come. I suggest that you get on a dedicated or engineered lane as soon as you can. Usually after 6 months of OTR.

11. chrisfly

Oct 15, 2015
    My girlfriend and I are training together. How did it work when the truck is stopped and only two beds? I am hoping they throw some difficult backs my way because I want the worst case scenarios while I have a trainer to help.

ForrestATrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.