how C.S.A. points can cost money

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by heavyhaulerss, Jun 30, 2015.

1. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    this is coming to a co near you. I will agree with the common sense things like speeding, seat belt, e.t.c. but far too many roadside inspections by d.o.t. are in my opinion unwarranted. like when you have a tag light out at noon & you replace it in front of officer before he goes to do the paperwork & still writes it up as a inoperable REQUIRED light. there are many other examples. I have others who disagree, & that's fine, when I say it's about the money. maybe the D.O.T. itself does not get any money off points given out & even though some mostly the D.O.T. themselves will say points do not go on your license. these 4 pages are why I say it cost a driver money.

csa 1.jpg csa 2.jpg csa 3.jpg csa 4.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    This is why I refuse to work for a big company like that. I will sell/burn my truck before I submit to these kind of abuse....
    Trucking is not the only job in the world....

Cetane+ Thanks this.
  4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    There are some on here that say csa is a great thing and if you have everything in order then you got nothing to worry about...........until they get popped on some minor thing. If you drive long enough you are gonna rack up some points.

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  5. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Please PM me the place you work for so I know to stay as far away from them as possible....Thanks and I will keep it confidential.

6. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    If the DOT was about safety they'd pull 4 wheelers into inspection bays

Cetane+ and Ezrider_48501 Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Lots of ways to terminate a driver. Maybe they should just go ahead and terminate all drivers to prevent any possibility one might get caught with a clearance light out or get a warning on an inspection for "1-5 mph over".

I really hope all of this plus gov bs eventually adds up to hey why can't we get anyone to bring us our stuff???

tsavory and georgeandson Thank this.
  8. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    amen!

9. heavyhaulerss

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    this is exactly what i am talking about, thank you.

rachi Thanks this.
  10. heavyhaulerss

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    A men!

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  11. heavyhaulerss

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    I do real well, & never had a prob. maybe this will weed out those who really do not care & then the co will remove some of these rules. I did leave out a page where the co will finance any repairs, pay for 16 tires or whatever is needed to be in compliance & take out of your check so much a week until paid.

that's good of them, that's not on my list. all my stuff get's real close attention & I have cash to pay for anything anytime, it's just that everything has to go out sometime. a tire that is going bald I can see as it wears. I cannot predict my light will go out on this trip. pre & post trips do not always catch defects between the 2

tsavory Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.