how can i overide the engine shut down on a 2012 cascadia

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jefflouk, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jefflouk

jefflouk Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    when im parked the engine shuts off after 5 minutes. I can hit the overide switch just to delay it for another 5 minutes. I tried with the cruise control like not above said but didn't work. Engine DD15

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieseljunkie

Dieseljunkie Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Gladstone, OR
    Hmmm...it might just be a company setting. Because you know that from the man. that theses trucks are wide open but the company sets the standards and options for which to run at. I have the same motor in a 2011. Just turned 29k today. But I lease it and they don't deal with idle shut off. When its on it stays on...sometimes days at a time. I wouldn't take it anywhere to have it looked at because there is no damage being caused. I would just honestly call your maintenance people and ask them if you can over ride it some how or have them take it out of the programming. What company is it? If ya don't mind. Does it have a tri-pack?

jefflouk Thanks this.
  4. jefflouk

jefflouk Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Thanks for the info people. I tried the cruise control plan and put the rpm up still shuts down. :biggrin_25511:

5. jefflouk

jefflouk Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    CR England. (Quallcomm)

6. Dieseljunkie

Dieseljunkie Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Gladstone, OR
    Well that's why....your stuck with it like that then man. But doesent hurt to ask.

7. jefflouk

jefflouk Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Darn well i'll ask. Lol just noticed my front right hub seal is leaking on my truck.

8. Onetruckpony

Onetruckpony Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Turn on cruise, press and hold the acc/res button, it should raise rpms to around 900 and keep it running.
    If not use this high tech method, cut a broom handle to a size that when stuck between the pedal and the seat raises the rpm.

9. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    This is the correct answer. I have a 2012 Cascadia. Turning on the cruise by itself will not do it. Feet OFF the brakes and clutch, cruise on and then hit the "set" cruise button

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Some companies have them set to where NOTHING will override it !!!

11. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    No, that isn't correct. You press the DEC/SET button, not the ACC/RES. It takes the RPM's to 600. And what did you guys think I meant by turning on the cruise control? Pressing the on/off switch only arms it. When all else fails, read the manual.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.