how can we finds cars to haul

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by mesh, Jan 9, 2012.

1. AutoTransporterTx

AutoTransporterTx Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    there are many ways to get load

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eddy158k

eddy158k Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami
    central dispatch is good

4. WillametTrans Industries

WillametTrans Industries Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Hillsboro OR
    I am new in this industry. No one will give me the time of day if they aren't making a buck off me. 90 percent of my work comes from Central. But your absolutely correct, I make just enough to keep up with repairs. I'm in this business for a "Long Haul", hoping I will build a reputation and strong clientele that are willing to pay for good work. I've got friends running one tons making $3/mi. They've got a very good reputation though.

5. Uncertain

Uncertain Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    To get some of the better paying loads, sometimes just falls down on luck. And other times it will be based on reputable service provided. There were numorous boards I was a part of that I use to use to gain auto's. All of which have been mentioned here plus some others that I am unsure if they still even exsist (havent drove in couple years.). I only used junkyard cars to fill a space or 2 at max. Never would allow more then 1 or 2. (But if you do intend to do this, invest in a winch, it will be worth its weight in gold.) And those were only on as fillers for added income. I was able to broker my own loads as well. So that may be something you want to look into as well. Rather then just relying on brokers or boards.

You may just want to see about contacting a few local used auto dealers in your area if you have not done so already. And find out if they are satisfied with who they currently use to bring their auction auto's to their lots. See if maybe they would be willing to give you a trial. Maybe cut them a slightly discounted rate just for the purpose of using that to your advantage to see about having them as a repeat customer. Also, getting in with the local auction's isn't a bad idea either.

Now if your leased to a company. Your in a different kind of bind. You may be limited to the frieght they have available, or are able to secure. But if your looking for boards, I'm assuming you have your own authority so I wont go into this.

Overall the more you can prospect, the better off you'll be in the long run. But prospecting does take up time away from normal daily driver activities. But the end goal is always securing lanes or contracts if possible. Even if the contract is a contract between you and a broker or another company is better then no contract. There are multiple companies that outsource frieght that they don't have the trucks for. Just do a little research. Google, Bing and your telephone are your friends :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.