How dead is the Marcellus right now

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Brettj3876, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Seems like my dads company is one of the last holding on but they're starting to catch up to the only rig cabot has in the area. Still running out his 70 every wk. Still see some o/o hanging on by a thread probably mostly pulling out of pittston pa and sometimes across the st from Weitsman scrap in binghamton. We still have wells on our lease that haven't been frac'd yet, around a dozen holes still.

If the arrogant Donald gets elected he better push to open ny. If nothing else all the low paying local jobs will have to step up their game

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upallnite

upallnite Light Load Member

May 15, 2010
    Hempstead,TX
    From what I hear and what I read, all the shale play is getting very slow. As for NY opening up, if I remember right their governor passed legislation to ban all fracing in NY. Good Luck up there. Hang there it will return! typical oilfield roller coaster.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I hope there's another boom In the next few years. I'm single, no kids and would by a sand can in a heart beat next big boom as long as i don't have people depending on me. If all goes south its just me, I would never put myself in a risky situation if i had a family depending on me. The o/o at my dads company during the boom were getting insane rates. Drop a nuke from the tappan zee south and that fixes the NY problem

5. Maddhatta

Maddhatta Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    New Mexico is still drilling and frac like usual. The difference with those wells they are mostly Government wells and can still operate at $28 @BBL and make a profit is what I was told by an Oxy pumper.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Marcellus is a joke unless you think $85.00 an hour to the truck is good

7. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    That's the rates most vac truck companies started getting down in Karnes county, Texas in February and were that way until I left the state in June.

8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    $120.00 per hour minimum in Watford City ND.
    Still not worth it.

9. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Hell, we were at $98/hr in Mertzon before I stopped hauling water.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CL1:COM

The oil in that area is about the cheapest to extract out of anywhere in the U.S. But with oil closing out at $29.42/bbl as of today, it won't be long before they button down the hatches up there too. Apache has all but ceased operations around Big Lake and Mertzon and have moved over to around College Station and San Antonio to try and finish up some leases there before it get much worse. UPP said $27/bbl is their cutoff, and Pioneer is at $25.

10. BRShirk

BRShirk Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    It's starting to come back up. I think it closed around $33/bbl yesterday.

I was looking at jumping from fuel hauling to Sunoco Crude in OK. Does anyone know how they're doing there?

11. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Wages in Oklahoma were pretty pathetic back in 2012 so I can only imagine how bad things are now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.