How do I become a dispatcher from home

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jessie Jones, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Jessie Jones

Jessie Jones Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I have been a truck driver for over twenty years and have done dispatching for the last three.
    I want to do this from home now and help my drivers that got screwed by the last company
    we worked for. I am still glancing at the load boards for them and letting them know who to call,
    but they keep telling me I should start my own dispatching business, and they would pay me.
    So How do I go about this. Do I have to get my own authority, etc. Some of these drivers
    already have there own authority and insurance, but no time to look for loads etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    First become a broker. Theres a sub forum with guides just scroll down to it or search. Get your drivers better loads and make yourself more money.

Or you could be a consultant and use load boards while keeping track of them

Jessie Jones Thanks this.
  4. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    get yourself an address in the Cayman Islands.

then become a tax cheat.

i'd say from then, you can rule the world........!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  6. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    you have to get the same education a lawyer gets first.. lie cheat, steal, e.t.c. then you will be qualified. :D hey no offense, just adding a lil humore, as some drivers here know what I mean. good luck to you.

7. Highwolf89

Highwolf89 Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I think they say tear your heart out and always try to make that extra buck one guy I lease on to gets paid salary as dispatch but he has other o/o paying him to for good loads ... Horrible anymore and he use to be a trucker . But like that say money talks ######## walks.... Hopefully one day there will be an acception to the rule.

Good luck

8. Pigtail

Pigtail Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    I dunno if I would go to all the expense and through all the gyrations you would have to go through to get authority as a broker. Plus, just getting your broker authority doesn't get you any loads; you would have to shine up your shoes and go knocking on doors with sales calls to get freight.

What might be a better option for you to consider, as someone else mentioned, is being a load consultant. You could book loads for your guys by working the load boards and figure out an equitable way to split the money so you could all make a living. But again, brokers from the load boards would not sell any loads to you without you having operating authority.

Good luck!

9. War Wagon

War Wagon Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Southport, NC
    I was going to tell you to just put on a robe,some bunny slippers, grab a cup of coffee and go stand out by the highway and yell at the trucks driving by. Be sure to leave the robe open so you can randomly show people your junk to get their attention.
    Report back how this works for you.
    Or we will see it on the news. Whichever.

10. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    All you need is their documentation and charge them flat rate to set a salary for urself,or charge percentage of gross. It is good extra money & if ur o/o have good safety score then it would be sort ur while.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.