How do I do a double blind shipment?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Freight Girl, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Freight Girl

Freight Girl Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Hello- I'm not sure what I need to do to complete a double blind shipment? Can anyone offer me the steps to complete a successful load? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Buy bill of laden at truck/stop or borrow one from another driver and fill out shipper and dest. like broker tells you, keep the one shipper gives you to send back to broker with signed blind bol. you had rec. sign.

Freight Girl Thanks this.
  4. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    We always charge more for the very words blind shipment, they are always messed up. Be prepared to pay the carrier more money for the headache, typically $200.00 more.

5. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Standard procedure is to close both eyes!

In reality, not sure if you're a broker or carrier and your post is a little aged but here goes. You have one bill of lading from the shipper that actually shows the shipper but not the "real" receiver. Usually it's whomever bought the product. Then you make up a new bill of lading with a different shipper (again probably whomever bought the product) and the correct receiver. Thereby leaving both ends of the shipment "blind" as to where the load came from or went to. Sometimes brokers will send out the BOL for both ends sometimes it's on the carrier to make one up. IF I was the broker I'd send the carrier one to insure it was done right.

Powerhousescott is right though, the minute I hear "blind shipment" my rate goes up significantly. It's usually a pain in the buttocks in some form or fashion so I have to charge my hassle fee.

powerhousescott and double yellow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.