How do I idle this ******* truck?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Seriously. I have a parksmart so it won't idle when it reads below 90 degrees. It's reading 89 degrees for hours now. Parksmart batteries are dead. Truck batteries are dead. Ive tried idling it with cruise on, idling it with only trailer brake set, idling it in gear with trailer brake set... It still tries to turn off every 4 minutes. So right now my options are to sit in a box that's in 89 degree sunshine and sweat or sit in driver seat and pump the brakes every 3 minutes so it doesn't shut off.

Anyone have any way to keep the #### thing from shutting off?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    nope. Last I heard, the temp sensor was on the drivers side behind the cab. Sooooooo.......mebee if that thing got a little hotter, it would stay running

TennMan Thanks this.
  4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Hand warmer and duct tape

91B20H8, gentleroger and alghazi Thank this.
  5. Pacific Islander

Pacific Islander Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way to keep the truck idling with the latest qualcomm updates.

I have tried everything in every forum posting about keeping the truck idling.

But I will tell you how to get around it. Tell your DBL your that your temperature sensor doesn't work. Then go to the next repair shop at a terminal, and have your DBL have the mechanics DISABLE the idle shutdown since your "temperature sensor" is malfunctioning!

An even easier way to idle the truck is to fill out an application for a trucking company that has about APU on the truck :) and allows idling in case the APU breaks down as an alternative... Which is the route I took -_-

I also have a built in fridge and 2000 watt power inverter. I can never go back to another trucking company that doesn't provide these amenities ever again!

6. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Find a company that lets ya idle or has apu's.

free spirited1 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Applied where? I can't seem to find the sensor location anywhere

8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    As much as I agree with this advice it doesn't really help me right now. And I can't find a company that'll pay me as much and has apu. Ive a problem with driver camera and that cuts out a whole lot of them

Waggledaddy and rachi Thank this.
  9. Pacific Islander

Pacific Islander Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Go straight to a repair shop at a terminal and slip the mechanic $40 to disable the idle shutdown! Shouldn't take but a few minutes to do.

BUMBACLADWAR and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If it's a newer Cascadia, the temp sensor is on the bottom of the driver's mirror. maybe aim a magnifying glass at it

Thull and Friday Thank this.
  11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    :biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.