How do I idle this ******* truck?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Jul 18, 2016.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I read somewhere about solar powered APU, does anyone have one installed or know about them? I'm guessing sounds well and good, but what about when there is a lack of sun for days on end. I agree go to work for a better company, more are starting to install APUs amongst other driver comforts to attract drivers to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Especially my puppy! She thinks the sun is the devil :) but, if or when I get my own truck, you better believe it's going to have an APU installed.

4. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    The only trucks I have seen with solar panels on the roof so far or at least noticed was Robert trucking. Ya know the Canadian (I think?) outfit with the yellow truck and trailers with the weird dude shooting an arrow. They may have been just testing them because i have only seen a couple. I have no idea how effective solar powered apu's are though.

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Truck in gear with a few broken springs in the trailer brakes and a puppy running around by pedals no worries here

6. dinosaurjr

dinosaurjr Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I have some questions about hometime (if anyone has the time or inclination to answer, please accept my thanks in advance):

1. does Schneider allow you to take hometime out of state? For example, I currently live in Maryland. Could I take hometime in Orlando or Jacksonville Florida to visit family even though my home address is in Maryland?

2. How often do Schneider otr drivers get to central and northern Florida? Currently Schneider is hiring otr drivers out of Orlando and Jacksonville.

3. Are there any Schneider facilities or drop lots in Florida?

Any input or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

7. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    From my time as a company driver...

You can take home time wherever, I often took time off in Tampa visit my kids.

I got to Tampa whenever I asked to go, usually about every other month, and I lived in California at the time.

We have a drop lot in Orlando.

Roll on...

dinosaurjr Thanks this.
  8. dinosaurjr

dinosaurjr Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks for answering, man. Are you allowed to park at truckstops for 2-3 days? Or does the truck have to be parked at the drop lot in Orlando? (thanks again, I won't bug you with anymore questions!)

9. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    You can park wherever the truck is secure...

I anyways parked at ts when in Tampa...

Roll on...

dinosaurjr Thanks this.
  10. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    And we have one in Jacksonville.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.