How do you find emergency services?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MJKahan23, Apr 1, 2016.

Have you ever encountered this scenario on one of your loads?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MJKahan23

MJKahan23 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Hey all,

My question is for the other brokers out there. On the occasion that you need to find an emergency service for one of your loads (ex. pallet rework, temporary storage, cross docking, transload, etc) how do you generally go about finding a resolution if you don't have any connections in the area? Other than sifting through a major search engine like Google, Bing or Yahoo.

Ive work for a major 3PL, and our method is to have a shared document of places that have helped in the past, but it just seems like there should already be a specialized database for this type of thing somewhere. Searching Google can often be a bit cluttered, misses warehouses without websites and still requires additional cold calling just to find out details. All the while, the driver is sitting idle waiting for our plan. Seems somewhat inefficient.

Any feedback is appreciated and I'm really curious if other brokers run into this same scenario, and just how frequently this actually happens.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJKahan23

MJKahan23 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Bumping this.

Any brokers or carriers that can share experiences in this area?

4. 48stater

48stater Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I don't know of any central database but I usually start at these two places below. Many times the repair places and especially the towing services know where to find warehouses, etc. I never bother contacting Love's or any of the national chains, you're usually talking to a clerk that answers the phones between making Subway sandwiches. Finding a knowledgeable local is the key.

truckdown.com
    nttsbreakdown.com

brian991219 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.