How does $1,600 weekly lease sound to you? Join ELS Freight.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by supernut, Feb 8, 2016.

1. supernut

supernut Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Alpine, AL
    Not to long ago I was a company flatbed driver with ELS in Kenly, NC. At first they seemed pretty good. Though they like to push you towards leasing on a brand new truck at $132,000.00.. For the first few month's I had no problems with my dispatcher. Can't say his name great guy. But had noticed they would only pay loaded miles. In which you were paid a flat rate of 25% that's it.. So you would get deadheaded 300 to 400 miles and not get paid.
    And my favorite. Most loads were 40ft and longer up to 60ft. And yes you would have to use all 3 of your lumber tarps to tarp it. And in turn NEVER get paid for it. The excuse I was always given. It's in the Line Haul. So, I asked this guy. Show me on my settlements were it say's tarp pay. It doesn't cause it's not there.
    O, the lease. Yes.. It's $1,600.00..a week...The trk is $775. The trlr is $190. Tags, insurance, permits, maintance escrow, transflo $10. So, after this 5 yr lease you could of bought 5 benson trailers flatbeds. Just the love the lies. So, they give the company drivers the long loads. And if your a lease guy. Your kicking rocks buddy especially in the winter time.
    Little advise if you have a family emergency when in the truck. Go home..Cause they are more worried about the load. Even the owner told me that. But not in those words. I have watch what I say. Just burns me up how the get away with screwing over folks all the time.

SilverBulletBand and The Patriot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    As long as folks are gullible enough to go for the bait...they'll keep catchin' and reelin' em' in.

bryan21384, Opus, The Patriot and 11 others Thank this.
  4. supernut

supernut Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Alpine, AL
    They do it all the time

The Patriot Thanks this.
  5. Straight Stacks

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    And they wonder why us older drivers are skeptical and grumpy.

6. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    "It's all figured in with the load". The favorite lie of trucking outfits.

7. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    There are many threads on "do not lease a truck from the company you drive for" but with out fail, someone comes on here and what did they do? Lease a truck, then want sympathy from us, sorry no more sympathy left

8. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    When are these guys gonna learn that being a L/P operator is NOT an O/O, but a glorified company driver covering the costs for the truck and taking all the risk.
    These guys work for slave labor rates, make a huge payment just to tell guys at the truck stop they are an O/O.
    Part of being an O/O is negotiating your rates to cover that deadhead or kicking yourself for not negotiating the proper rate.
    We cover our tolls , maintenance, deadhead miles and all other costs that the truck incurs.
    We also go where we need to, go home when we want and leave when we want. Not when the powers that be tell us when we can do these things.

9. Straight Stacks

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I've got a spare box er' two of Kleenex to give out.

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    This is the first lease ive heard of where the op has to lease the trailer as well.

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Who in their right mind would throw $6400 a month out the door on payments for anything?

highwayMike, jon69, bryan21384 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.