How is life different as an Expediter?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by WiseOne, Oct 9, 2008.

1. TennTrucker

TennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Dresden, Tn
    There is also the under 26000lb trucks. I would try driving for a fleet owner for 3 to 6 months to learn the ropes and see how it fits you before I bought something. There is another site just for expediters that has classifieds for drivers needed. If you want I can send you a pm with the info.

Bluedew, LloydToo and wowo6057 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dgranatire

Dgranatire Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Munhall, PA
    Looking to expand my fleet of Sprinters. Any comment on what companies I can sign on with

Thanks

4. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    Hey Tentrucker
    Having said all that, what is better for the expediter? A cargo van or the straight truck? Trying to weigh the benefits of the two. A cargo van is just that cargo and some what small, but a straight truck can be dock high and up to 22ft. long
    And is Panther any better than say J.D.Clark Logistics, or any others?

Bluedew Thanks this.
  5. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    I know this is an old post-but why did she need to be there when here daugher had her baby? When my wife was going to have our daughter, she called the mid-wife (who helps deliver) and I went to work that morning. When I came home everthing was fine. My wife was cooking dinner and our new baby was sleeping. What's the big deal?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Not my cup of tea old chap
    :biggrin_25526:

7. TennTrucker

Aug 20, 2010
    Dresden, Tn
    Sorry somehow I missed this, a st8 gives you more options than a van. I can take a van load on my st8, but a van can't get my load. Also a st8 sleeper is more comfortable than a van. As far as companys go, panther is known to favor teams where a small company like Clark does much better with solos.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Bluedew Thanks this.
  8. barbara101

barbara101 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2013
    I to will want to go to church, when on the road and sitting on a Sunday , with the internet, I will find a church and go. with my straight truck, or cargo van I can go ANYWHERE...lol

Bluedew Thanks this.
  9. jaq435

jaq435 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Plainfield, NJ
    My wife and I are preparing to go into expediting. I have been driving a class B bulk propane truck for 2 years and have an excellent driving record. However, I do have a felony drug conviction from 1994 that always seems to haunt me when it comes to applying for new jobs. Does anyone out there know of any fleet owners who will sign us on in spite of my youthful blunder? I'm sure that I will be able to find one who will eventually, but we would greatly appreciate any and all assistance from the community. My wife and I are really looking forward to getting out on the road together soon. Thanks in advance!!!

Bluedew Thanks this.
  10. TennTrucker

Aug 20, 2010
    Dresden, Tn
    I think Load 1 will if it over 10 years old

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

11. Larry13

Larry13 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2013
    Ray Center, MI
    Expediter to myself is freedom of the road,frist of all. Sometimes i sit a day but usally run 5 out of 7 days which makes a nice check and thats solo. I get paid by load miles of which average 600 700 miles and are unloaded in 1 day or 2 either way can be done safely and not aggressively if your smart. I love my work and love to drive safe and defenceively. With my current health and physical conditation the Lord willing till i'am in late 70's now 65 yrs old and thankfull, doesen't mean things can't change but might do owner operator. Those down days can help one make future descissions, be posivative. Lets see where it goes............. been doing for 9 months steady maybe 2 wks off throughout that time.

Bluedew and TennTrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.