How many CSA points is too many?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SAMMY6969, Sep 3, 2012.

1. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok how many csa points is to many...how many do you have to have for a new carrier not to hire you...

2. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    Ask your potential employer. I think each company may have their own standards. If you are a O/O, your insurance company and your customers, ie. shippers, may have theirs too.

3. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Thanks Received:
    From what I am seeing, they are not so much counting points, but violations, some counting convictions and forfeitures, others counting violations. Keep in mind any time you get a warning ticket for speeding it goes on your psp report as a violation, without showing that it is just a warning. In other words when you look at your psp report it will list your inspection history as well as your violations, you can't tell by looking at the report that one was a conviction/forfeiture or just warning. Each carrier has their own standards, until they start loosing business because they can't keep their customers freight moving. In a nutshell, It still helps to be in the right place at the right time.

4. misner740

misner740 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know how many CSA points a ticket for being over gross is worth??

5. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    well at my company, if a driver GETS 60 points, he gets fired..

so needless to say, you really do not want ANY points to even start off with in your job search.

i think i'd be kinda careful in asking an employer that question when you go job hunting, as to me at least this is sending a signal that you ALREADY HAVE points, and they may not even touch you.

a driver-leasing company named Ruan, LOOKS AT your driver CSA points...got any...?? NO JOB with them...PERIOD.

so if one has to ask, then one ought to stay put till they SLOWLY drop off in 3 years..!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
Draft saved Draft deleted