How many truck drivers would actually be interested in getting fit and healthy while on the road?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by theflameoffrance, Apr 21, 2016.

1. theflameoffrance

theflameoffrance Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Virginia Beach
    I am pondering the idea of building a website to help truck drivers get fit and healthy while on the road. I know it can seem very difficult to do, and I understand that. I used to go on the road with my uncle when he was an owner operator, and we developed a routine that not only allowed us to lose weight, but to pack on muscle.

We also learned which foods to eat and prepare in kind of limited space so i'd like to share our experiences...

Most certainly interested to see if this is something I should move forward with or not.

~ The Flame of France

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Judging by all the fitness rooms I've seen cleared out I'd say not many. My national gym membership and good route planning does me fine for $600 a year.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What gym is this?

5. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Anytime fitness. They usually open in run down shopping malls so there's always tons of parking for a rig.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I carry a pair of bowflex adjustable dumbbells ... I don't use them nearly as much as I should. Most times at the end of my day I just want to shower eat sleep. I can visit some gyms from time to time, they are specific locations and I have to think far ahead of time to work it in. I just pay as I go.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

"I'd like to stay fit and lose weight by sitting on my ,,,"

But seriously folks, my company requires a lot of driver assist loading & unloading. We also carry moving blankets. I fold & stack about 80 a day (and I told my boss I was cutting back, I used to do 120!) bend over, pick up a 5# weight, flail your arms around, repeat about 100 times. That's plenty for me.

I'm not in great shape but I'm not wider than I'm tall either.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I've contemplated a similar idea. Plenty would be interested and pay for worthwhile advice and guidance and tips and such. Biggest problem is getting the word out. it's costly to reach target audience, and then you only reach 2% of the desired audience.

example. This forum is RIPE for banner PPC advertising from providers and suppliers that makes sense for the host and support the forum users ... but they won't do it. Why? I have no idea. And most of the trucker-centric apps are paid apps and/or otherwise don't offer in-app advertising.

9. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Are you part of a duel enrollment? Mine only costs $432 a year. Well worth it if you ask me either way, clean equipment, showers, quiet parking and if you park close enough free wifi.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.