How much do/did YOU make working for knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by rollready, May 21, 2013.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Yes, I was able to get it every quarter. I also idled when it was hot or the truck bats were dead. The thing that kills the Fuel bonus is out of route or fueling at the wrong times. (Aka at the end of the quarter topping off tanks) once you learn how its all caluclated it can be quite easy to hit. Also a decent truck helps.

The new international autos get phenomenal fuel milage. I did between 8.0 and 8.5 with it.

This can be done in the older trucks also. @Misesian that also posts here used to do it with a 13 volvo with little to no issues as I recall.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I also want to point out, if you look at your terminals quartley news letter it will have "3 star" drivers. Those are drivers that hit all 3 bonus for the quarter, they are good ones to chat with out of your terminal that could give ya some pointers on how they do it. :)

I recommend that simply because they run the areas your in and there knowlage would be more entailed to that area.

VA CDL Holder Thanks this.
  4. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I'm driving an automatic Freightliner with a Detroit and the mileage is 7.8 mpg avg in the 14k miles i've accrued. It seems to me the fuel bonus is more about learning the system to a large degree.

Fajo Thanks this.
  5. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Just netted over $1000 in today's check. Those short trips add up quickly when you are planned efficiently. Last check sucked because of too much lead time on the delivery where I found myself sitting for a few days because of the holiday.

6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    He lives!

I had a 9 speed Volvo with the Volvo motor and found it pretty easy. I kept it between 7.5-7.6. If your truck has a boost gauge, use it. A 15L should be kept 18-21 psi for situations when you need power and the 13 L between 27-30 psi. I also cruise at 60. You won't get anywhere fast but if you only use moderate power it really helps your MPG.

Fajo Thanks this.
  7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I also have something else that may surprise you Misesian.

image.jpeg

Hope ur having a safe one Mis.

8. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Back at Knight? I don't blame you. As far as big carriers go I think they did a pretty good job.

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Aye, they offerd me some nice incentives to come back and I missed the people at the terminal I worked for. Its kind of like putting on an old pair of shoes. They are already broke in and you know what you can do with them. :)

Anyways been decent so far, also less to worry about here.

10. MANXimus

MANXimus Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    So, you're back runnin' the Reefer at The Falls then?... Congrats. You must have really liked it.
    Are you able to control your sleep schedule for the most part? -- or are the appt. times too screwy. I hear the loads are still pretty long.

PS... I been on other boards where the debate was Dry vs Reefer and there would some passionate folks on both sides who felt their division was the better lifestyle. *shrugs*

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I run the same way here that I used to. I perfer to run 2-4am start then shut down around 1-3pm depending. Not really had any whacky loads. Still pretty much the same old same old as last time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.