How much do i have to be crapped on before my "dues" are paid?!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Urban_Hillbilly81, Jan 14, 2013.

1. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    It is unfortunate that you did not come to the Prime thread and read some of the information that I had posted. There are several of us who are trying to get trainers like you encountered removed from the training program. If you have a shot of going back to Prime and have the inclination to try again I'll help in any way I can. Students are NOT allowed to drive nightshifts until the last part of their training. Instructors and trainers are NOT allowed to have pets on their trucks.

If you have a shot of returning to Prime, that $600 guarantee during training is not a bad deal. You do not have to put up with bad trainers, and the guy in charge of the training program does want to clean it up. Check out my thread, as it might help if you decide to head back. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...27-new-prime-inc-what-expect-springfield.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    R&L carriers will take you with cdl no exp doubles, triples endorsement and a hazmat. Good way to get into the LTL game. They are big company so I doubt check will bounce. LTL pays well too. If I've known this I would have started with them 7yrs ago instead of a mega carrier. Then you can move on into old Diminion, ups freight, FedEx freight, YRC, Saia, Estes etc. Also some of these LTL's take city drivers with 1 years exp.

Urban_Hillbilly81 Thanks this.
  4. kob529

kob529 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I drive for cypress out of Jax I live in Tampa . Make good money and miles out usually two weeks . If you don't mind flatbed you only need six months solo Otr exp . Let me know if your interested .

Urban_Hillbilly81 Thanks this.
  5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I wouldn't have given them 2nd chance to bounce a check, that's a bright large red flag. That's just me though.

6. lexmark

lexmark Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Since op is out of FL and I've seen it said many other places, what is is about FL that makes it bad for freight? I mean, don't they have the same needs as any other state? Or is it more of a manufacturing/industrial kind of thing where they don't have alot of products to export?

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They have needs like everyone else, so they take and take. They just don't like to give anything back. ;)

freight out of florida, especially south florida, is super sucky

Ghost Ryder Thanks this.
  8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I would say that the first job he was at paid a little light, but staying with them a while longer would have been classed under "paying dues". Riding with a trainer who "used him as a logbook" and then didn't have the courtesy to let him sleep wasn't paying dues....it was wrong. And no way would I ride in a trainer truck with 2 dogs. Is tough enough to share a truck with another guy, I an not sharing a bunk with a dog that ain't mine. And like Walstib said, no company will ever get to bounce a second of my checks. Good luck OP. I wish you the best finding a place to look past the screwy situations you got stuck in and give you a shot.

9. Urban_Hillbilly81

Urban_Hillbilly81 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Thats funny you say that I call it more standing up for myself I'm not one to let anyone walk over me have been that way since i was a kid thanks for your input though buddy :bootyshake:

10. Urban_Hillbilly81

Nov 28, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Srry guys been out job hunting. Have considered going to cypress have heard mixed reviews on them. As far as where I did my research on these companies most of them except prime are hardly discussed here.

Silenteagle I seriously doubt i would go back to prime me experience there sucked and the dispacther I had knew the second trainer had dogs on the truck and didn't bother to tell me. My father in law has been with prime 10+ years and now they are givng him crap loads he is thinking bout jumping ship to get with landstar prime left a really bad taste in my mouth. I did love driving new equipment though!

Probally going to just settle for doing beer delivery in baby class a trucks as much as I hate to say. I know it looks real bad on me going thru so many jobs in my first year never in my life have I went through so many jobs. Before obtaining my CDL I worked for a small construction company as a delivery driver and their warehouse supervisor for close to 9 years before the economy crashed made 15 an hour so i know what it is like to make a decent hourly wage for a living. So ill tough out the beer delivery job for 2 years then go to the company I have wanted to go to from the start making #### good money hauling mail!

11. Urban_Hillbilly81

Nov 28, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    No not judge mental at all to me man I completly understand how it looks listing all these jobs on applications its embarassing for me to even have to think about lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.