How much do these truck parts weigh?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by kinezumi89, Jun 3, 2015.

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    Hello all,

I am a graduate student studying mechanical engineering and I'm working on a tanker truck model. Here is an example of someone else's model, so you can get an idea of what I want to do:

In order for the dynamics of the truck to be accurate, I need to know how much the various parts weigh, but I haven't had much luck finding them online. I plan to model a Freightliner M2 106 specifically (https://www.freightlinertrucks.com/Trucks/Models/M2106/), but weights for any comparable tanker truck would at least help me get ballpark figures.

- Cab (regular day cab)
    - Frame
    - Front steer axle
    - Rear drive axle (tandem)
    - Wheel (I found someone saying 125lbs online, which sounds plausible)

Apologies if any terminology is incorrect or doesn't make sense; I'm not well versed in tanker trucks yet. Any information you can give would be much appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Not sure you will get many accurate answers on here for the weights of specific parts. Mostly drivers here and I doubt even mechanics would be able to answer these questions. Maybe a call or an email to a trailer manufacturer would yield better results. Not that some of the drivers on here couldnt provide real world expertise or help in any way they could, just typically wouldnt know the weights of specific parts.

4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    I figured that would probably be the case, but couldn't hurt to try! Who knows, maybe someone has access to a document with technical specs.

I have already received useful info in another thread I made so I'm sure I will be back to tap into everyone's expertise!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.