How much more do u make as a tmc trainer

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kansasboy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Hello iam headed to tmc in 2 weeks for there cdl program. I was wondering how long do i need to be solo before you can be a trainer. Also how much more money does a trainer truly average. Do they have auto trucks in 579 or all tmc trucks manual. Can u have like dish or direct tv in ur truck as well. I also hear tmc pays to have the trucked washed every week. Does tmc have certain places u have to take it or does it not matter. I have a full service truck stop 3 min from my house with truck wash as well. My plan is going to be drop truck off when i get home for weekend and pick back up when i head out sun or monday. My recurtier told me that the first 12 weeks iam out iam guranateed 1000 dollars a week min gross. That way there is no pressure to get money but more time to learn. Also told me that by them sending my through there cdl program i have to commit to 7 months of employment. Any comments on anything. And any pointera going in

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roger2012

Roger2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2015
    If your coming to trucking to make money, then your not here for the whole picture. I'm not with TMC yet, I will hopefully be there in a couple weeks. I was only told 8 weeks of $1000 gross

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  4. PedroBrown77

PedroBrown77 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    That's what I was told also $1,000 gross for 8 weeks.

5. Roger2012

Roger2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah the OP looks like he just wants to make money... You shouldn't want to train unless you know your a good driver and you know tips and tricks to help new guys out... Hard to know if your good if you don't even have a CDL yet.

6. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I was just asking general questions thats all. I saw in another thread people saying tmc was pushing them to be trainers after 7 months. They said money was better when training. Thays why i asked just curious thats all.

7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Why you want to become a trainer? I did it for 8 months.....the amount of stress and holding back the sentence "are you diagnose retarded or just retarded?" But my students were trained properly and train with respect to other drivers. Told the the flashing lights code, the letting him back in the right lane if he merge for you.... the pulling up after fueling...etc etc

Money wasn't an incentive to make me become a trainer. I live with roommates, no wife, kids, nothing draining my wallet, I became a trainer because I thought I can single handedly change the future drivers to have more courteous and respect on the road.
    But screw that there's no hope!!

Highway Sailor and Roger2012 Thank this.
  8. Roger2012

Roger2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Sadly that's how I see it now a days... To many people chasing the money and not doing it for the brotherhood. I had a decent conversation with a couple of drivers on my way from NJ to western PA. I wish I was older to have experienced the old brotherhood...

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You mean you have to be employed with TMC for7 months to be a trainer?That's better then most and I bet they have a good safety record also.

10. Rashad Horne

Rashad Horne Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Well I work for TMC so I can answer a few questions. When I started they guaranteed gross of $1000 for 3 months. But in most cases you will gross more then that depending on what loads you haul if you happen to be on percentage. I rarely do more then 4 loads a week because I get a two day run most weeks. As for Directv I have it but I wish I didn't but that's my fault. Essentially you have to let the truck idle if you plan on watching tv over 35 or 45 minutes which sucks because they want you to stay under 25% idle so basically on weekends you stay out you can't watch tv like you want. Trainers make more because they have two clocks in the truck which allows them to get better loads that a solo driver couldn't deliver on time. I started with a Manuel 379 but after 3 months they moved me into a automatic which I hate but some love it so I guess it's a preference. But the key is to have a good FM who respects you and treats like you like an adult which I have the honor of having. In closing I like TMC a lot other then the directv and automatic. I have plans on buying one of their older trucks and leasing on with them in about 4 or 5 years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.