How often do you get a call from/about Schneider when you're home on your own time?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Grijon, Jan 29, 2016.

1. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Twice. Once to ask if I wanted a new truck, automatic, and the second to let me know my Dbl was no longer with the company and someone new was assigned to me

Grijon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    My dbl calbs when he needs a near immediate response, else he messages the truck or sends an email. If I'm at home its a rarity, usually dealing with when I'm coming out. I rarely answer (schneider has their own ringtone) and the voice mail is usually "give me a call when you get a chance" and if I don't call back until I'm ready to go, no big deal, though I usually call back. Nothing says I can't call in while sittingby the lake with a tasty beverage.

Grijon and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  4. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I got called once to tell me a load scheduled out of the house cancelled. I thought that was nice.

I'm an IC and I get an email anyway if I'm taken off a load but I appreciated the call

Grijon Thanks this.
  5. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    When I got my permanent dbl, who is new to the company and new to being a dbl, was calling every week for the first couple and then stopped.

I guess another driver may have had some words if they were doing that with all their drivers.

Grijon Thanks this.
  6. IronTrunk

IronTrunk Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    'Ehh best way to ensure you are not bothered at home, with Schneider or any company, is to not answer the phone. Works like a charm!

Grijon, gentleroger and mindes Thank this.
  7. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    I don't mind answering. They can't make me go anywhere till I want to anyway.

Home_on_wheels and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Grijon

Grijon Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    The beauty of IC, neh?

9. FRG1735

FRG1735 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Just came off of home time yesterday, I noticed I had 2 voice messages from my ICA, he wanted me to call him that day.

I have bad reception where I live, so I just shut off my phone while on home time. When I called him back, he said he just wanted to check in with me to see how things were going....

I did have to take an extra 2 days off due to my dentist having to reschedule an appointment I had, so I'm thinking maybe he called me about that? He didn't mention it when I spoke with him though...

Grijon Thanks this.
  10. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    Lol. They handle so many drivers I don't think half the time they even remember why they called.

11. Mindsoul

Mindsoul Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Chicago Il
    When i was a company driver I have been called maybe 3 times to cover a load. Did it two of the 3 times. All about establishing relationships. Look out for your DBL they will look out for you.

drvrtech77 and Grijon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.