How To Find Great Local Jobs In My Area?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by truckertrey, Sep 28, 2015.

1. truckertrey

truckertrey Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Im a current Otr driver closing in on 1yr exp and i want to find a good local paying job. I just wanted to know how to find good local jobs outside of the big ltl companies because i have a dui thats 4yrs old.

I stay in Jacksonville, fl but would move to Atlanta if i can get something good there

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Maybe put where you live in your profile...general area...this will help others help you.

4. truckertrey

Dec 12, 2014
    Thanks i edited my post

5. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Why not go ahead and apply to all the big LTL's? Better for them to tell you "no" then to think you will be told "no".

Big Don and CasanovaCruiser Thank this.
  6. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    That is a super tough one. Lack of experience can always be waved by the TM if he/she needs bodies. Almost all LTL carriers will not hire you for anything other than dock if you had a DUI in the past five years.

As for the OPs question, I would start looking into Craig's list under Transport jobs. Also familiarize yourself with what local outfits cover your area. Example: roll on dumpster, lumber yards, gravel/sand haulers. Right now is the worst time to apply for anything local since construction and overall freight is slowing down. Best time to look is early March

Shaggy and crazeydude Thank this.
  7. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Man, you're in Jax??? There's all kinds of companies that do LTL there.....Estes, OD, Southeastern, R&L, etc....Not to mention all the beverage and food distributors! Get out there and start knocking on doors on your next home time!

8. truckertrey

Dec 12, 2014

What ate dome of the food and beverage companies there?

9. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.