Howard Transportation - Ellisville, Ms.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by perryd, Jan 13, 2007.

1. supermuthatrucka

supermuthatrucka Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Chunky,Ms.
    If you got a prehire then you are hired from this company. They do all the necessary back ground searches before contacting you unlike some co.'s that invite you to training then once you are there say I am sorry but I see you have this or that on your record and we won't be able to hire you. I know that sounds retarded but some does. Howard to me seems to be a good co. they don't do heavy recruiting, like on the internet, books ect. so that tells me that they must not turn over a whole lot of employee's. Meaning the one's that get hired must stay for some reason lol. Also they start at .34 cpm which is a decent starting point. They have new Internationals that are automatics with battery powered apu's. Over all I feel they are a good go. I start orientation mon. Aug. 2nd so in a month or two I will be able to tell you more.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EaglesTrucker

EaglesTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2010
    meridian, mississippi
    if i really wanted to be like bryan id go hold up a bp

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. EaglesTrucker

Jul 22, 2010
    meridian, mississippi
    pc i thinking about howard just because they are close to home and i like the idea of being able to bring my rig home instead of having to drive back and forth in my personal vehicle, but i found out this week i might be able to land a job at fed ex, but im not sure if thats gonna work out so if not im going to howard

5. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Good luck wherever you land. I decided to give Schneider's Home Run Program a try (2 wks out/1 wk home). My family liked the idea of my being home a full week before heading back out. My backup plan is Hardy Brothers. Less money, but I like the small family operation and great equipment. Close to home too.

6. supermuthatrucka

supermuthatrucka Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Chunky,Ms.
    I am Just waiting on you to have a third child. Lets see... My wife wants to be a teacher... Your wife wants to be a teacher... My wife changed her mind and wanted to be a nurse... Your wife changed her mind and wanted to be a nurse... I got a Bassett hound dog... you got a Bassett hound dog... I quit smoking.... You tried to quit and failed miserably...I went to truck driver school.... You went to truck driver school... I was interested in TMC... You was interested in TMC... I decided to go to work for Howard... You got like 10 pre-hires and wont give up till Howard hires you... I got on this forum with a goofy name ... You got on this forum with a goofy name... Quit swinging from my nutts like Tarzan from a tree and get your own life and Identity. I know I am the bomb and all but PLEASE step back and do your own thing seriously!!!!

7. EaglesTrucker

Jul 22, 2010
    meridian, mississippi
    she made up her mind about being a nurse too, i just told her yeah it would be good if thats what she wanted, and howard was decided for you since only they hire robbers, but i knew after you said that about the hat that making a name like yours would get a rise out of you, and if i really wanted to quit smoking i would

8. Tucker the trucker

Tucker the trucker Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2010
    perry, ga
    Does anybody know if Cuba, Alabama is in the central time zone? I got a call from a McElroy recruiter and I have to return her call?

Thanks

9. EaglesTrucker

Jul 22, 2010
    meridian, mississippi
    yes cuba is in the central time zone, you should read some of the posts about them though, several people had unpleasant things to say about them

Tucker the trucker Thanks this.
  10. EaglesTrucker

Jul 22, 2010
    meridian, mississippi
    and im still not dedcided where im going, i wanted to know what all my options were before deciding since i knew i would be accepted by numerous company's, why not get alot of prehires then sort through them to see whats the best fit for me, you can flatter yourself all you want but you played no part in what ive decided to do

11. Tucker the trucker

Tucker the trucker Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2010
    perry, ga
    Yeah I have been reading some of the threads and there seems to be complaints on just about all. I just hope I can get with a good company to start just coming out of school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.