How's Crete Carrier These Days?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tip, May 22, 2015.

1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    The last company I drove for was Crete. I thought they were a great company, at least compared to some of the stink pots I drove for in the 90s, such as Swift. How are they today?

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Depends on how long ago you were there. I started there in February, 2012, just as they were ending their practice of offering up to three loads from which to choose. That's gone. Other than that, however, I'd still be there if I still wanted to be a company driver. Good miles, good equipment. 62mph trucks. But beware of the sleep apnea testing program. I hear it's seen some changes, but I heard far too many drivers complain that they were forced to purchase and use a CPAP from Crete when they didn't really need one. I'm still very leery of that program. (I brought my own machine with me when I started, so never went through their program.)

You can do far, far worse. Good luck.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nice to see you're still around. :)

48Packard Thanks this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I worked there kinda recently with the reefer side.

For being an OTR company driver I couldn't complain about the money aspect. Reefer appointment times sucked though.
    Crete starts at .45, $30 stop pay, extra pay on runs less than 200 miles, detention after two hours that actually pays out.
    I got all the miles I ever wanted.

Cheap slow trucks but you can't have everything.

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I have nothing bad to say about them, well except for Corey....

I came back to trucking in 2008 when the economy tanked. No 3 load offers, sitting a lot. I was getting 9000 miles a month when I left ( on good terms ) and was told that was higher than the average. Quit for a local gig. I would go back if I needed to. My wife didn't care for their health insurance but that is a different duck.

7. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm home right now, and not doing nearly as much on-line from the road as I was...on any site. Subject to change without notice!

8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    when you brought your own c-pap did they have there doctor read the card thats in the machine? And then you were good to go?

9. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    I also brought my own. I had a 3 month printout with me. from the company that I have my cpap through that showed that I was compliant.

48Packard and rachi Thank this.
  10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Ok, thanks for the info. I was wondering how that would play out when you bring your own c-pap to a new company.

Wild Murphy Thanks this.
  11. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I had to go to a DME (durable medical equipment) provider and have the card read. They give me a print out and I just present it to the DOT physical physician. No charge for the print out. I have to do this every year, but no big deal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.