HSA OVRD light won't go off!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by GA-TRUCKER, Jul 27, 2016.

1. GA-TRUCKER

GA-TRUCKER Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Hi, I currently work for a small company out of Chicago OTR. The owner is very poor at maintenance issues like the one I am mentioning, I have been having this light pop up along with the check engine light and I don't know why it won't go off. When it is on I cannot use cruise control. To make it go off usually I have to turn off the power switch to the battery and sit for 15 min or so but that doesn't always work and hasn't been lately. The boss always says it's nothing, well it's obviously something! I have a Freightliner cascadia evolution 2014 with 361,000 miles and it is an automatic. The light looks like a truck climbing a hill circled with a line through it exactly like the HSA OVRD switch picture but I push it and it doesn't take the light off. I know what it is for but I not even touching the button and it comes on. Is there a sensor or fuse or something I can pull see if it resets it then put it back? I mean I am desperate here driving 700+ miles a day with no cruise for any leg of the trip gets old! Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    That is Hill Start Assist Override. Those automatic trannies have that feature to keep you from rolling backwards when starting out on a hill. If the light is on, be very careful when doing that. As far as using the cruise, try hitting the button to turn the cruise on followed very quickly by the set button. You'll have to use both thumbs to be able to do it. My Cascadia has a crash mitigation radar. When it faults out, the cruise won't work unless I do that. Pop pop.. real fast and then the cruise will work. Maybe call a D.O.T. scale and ask if that would be an out of service issue if they catch you that way. If it is, refuse to drive until Mr. Tightwad fixes it.

4. Manav

Manav Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Same problem HSA OVRD
    it sometimes come and sometimes won’t.
    Any idea please help me out
    When it comes it hear a click sound and it won’t allow me to shift gear except low
    I have 2018 Coronado with eaton 18 speed auto

5. Stephen007

Stephen007 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2021
    Me any body can fix it ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.