Husband almost done with Mentor, question about more experience....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by beachin, Sep 9, 2015.

1. beachin

beachin Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    Hi, well, it's been a long almost 4 weeks now. His first mentor lost him because he got two safety citations. His 2nd mentor is an owner/operator. He is very lazy and doesn't wear his seat belt. He has damaged his own equipment three times so far. He asked him to go off the clock while he was sitting in traffic due to an accident. It ended up being about a 3 hour sit... Just I'm sure tip of the ice on what happens on the truck with your mentor. So, my husband feels good about driving but knows that the learning continues because there is so much to know. What I wondered is if he could drive with someone as a team driver for a month or two after this? Is there any way to request that from your DM, or if not who would you try and request that from?

Be nice now, if your just a troll find a different thread!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mrdot

mrdot Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    OH
    Team driving is not a way to "learn more." If he is not ready to go out on his own, or at least feels that way, he needs to communicate this with his DM.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Any driver with a brain would go off duty while sitting for 3 hours due to a major wreck on the highway... His 14 hours is still ticking...

5. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    He didn't say he wasn't ready. He is. It would just be a nice option until he learns more. Like I said, don't just pop in with negative. I think that someone who has been driving only 200 hours and recognizes that they have more to learn is a smart thing. Also, he drove OTL 20 years ago for 2 years.

6. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    He was in the drivers seat, you can't go off the clock when you are sitting in traffic. DUH

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  7. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    This is clearly a waste of my time. I wanted to try and have respect for you all but I don't.

8. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    BTW, your an idiot to think that anyone wouldn't go off the clock if they were sitting around not working... WOW

9. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    You can go off duty while sitting there DUH... You've been driving for how long?

10. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    If you're not moving…nevermind, leaving thread now.

11. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.