Hydraulic Fracturing (Utica, Marcellus in partic.)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by WrightMat, Dec 27, 2015.

1. WrightMat

WrightMat Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Hello TR,

I am looking for some information on the trucking industry involved in fracking. I am relatively familiar with the process, but have never been directly involved in liquid/water hauling. I am looking for major players, equipment, ect.

I know this is a very broad question; but can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking for any resource to get started on. It seems a little but more complicated than running our dumper trucks... :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    It's fallen on its face at the moment, find something else to do

rabbiporkchop and flightwatch Thank this.
  4. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Major players depends very much on the EXACT (100 mile radius) area you're talking about, the energy companies working that area, and which formation you're referring to. The Marcellus isn't doing much, the Utica is slightly better but MANY companies have cut rates, bled drivers, and are only working steadily because they're short staffed.

Equipment tends to be fairly widely varied as well, rather heavily biased toward straight trucks (triaxles in PA/WV, quads/quints or better in OH due to idiotic weight regs). Tractor trailers, or transports in oilfield parlance, are less commonly used, due to some extremely tight roadways, small well pads, and the like.

A few major players who are servicing both Marcellus and Utica, for various energy companies:
    QC Energy
    Stallion
    HWR/Heckman/Nuverra

Edit: unless you have experience or are willing to work for very low wage, I'd look elsewhere until the industry recovers a bit. I think Stallion is paying $14/hour in their Utica operations right now, for comparison's sake.

rabbiporkchop and mountaingote Thank this.
  5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Only sand company still running hard is resource transport and their catching up to the only rig Cabot has left. Pumpco is doing the frac. My dads been hunting around for a pre emission truck last few mths.

My uncle has been out in the utica running schlumberger equipment under the name marcellus energy services, hes fairly busy, although away from home a lot, Candor ny

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.