I-95 closed in South Carolina.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Numb, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    albert l Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Check the Highway Patrols web site and it should say. If I wasn't on my phone I would check.

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Lumberton, NC has sections of I-95 closed as reported at 11:07 PM EST, Sunday night.
    They have I guess local roads that have at least 5 feet of water over them. They had to rescue some odd ball big rig company driver and his wife from their truck today and several cars.

albert l Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yea I had a visual on the flooded truck in Lumberton via weather channel. They were doing well until water got deep enough to float the box and whole thing went into the ditch which sunk them. Then they needed rescue.

There are several sections of 95 closed until further notice. You will do well to avoid this area.

albert l and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. NavigatorWife

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    al1-95 Lumberton, NC is still flooded, and sure looks like it will be for sometime.

They are saying now that they think a levee dam was breached. There have been about 1500 people stranded with no power and no way out on roads. One car was swept away and the driver killed this morning. Truckers I guess are still trying to use the 95 also. RT 211 is also flooded into Lumberton, NC

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    x1Heavy and albert l Thank this.
  7. NavigatorWife

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Weather station is saying that the I-95 section of Lumberton, NC is going to be flooded till at least Sunday.
    The Lumber River is on the rise as others like Cape Fear. The area is so large that is under water, Tar Heel on down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.