I am a former Western Express Recruiter for anyone who has questions

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Advice123, Jun 4, 2014.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Cool!! you answered your own question!:thumbup:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LilGator38

LilGator38 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2013
    no I didn't answer my question I asked are they a good company to work for

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Best ever. Have fun.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  5. LilGator38

LilGator38 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2013
    ok thanks

6. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    If you like to sit in your truck wasting driving hours, sure! Be sure you have something to do to occupy your time. If that needs power you'll need an inverter. If you want to carry cold food or drinks you may want a fridge.

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  7. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Here's a question for the more experienced folks from a new CDL person.
    If I'm considering a companies to work for, and I go look at their safety record, as formerlyadvice123 suggested,
    how would seeing this affect me:

https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Carrier/511412/BASIC/VehicleMaint.aspx

Specifically, if I am constantly getting hit for the equipment (yes I did my pre-trip, but it seems like stuff breaks and stays broke) how will that affect my driver's record when it comes time to move to another company?

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  8. AsphaltNinja

AsphaltNinja Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Virginia
    Here's the problem I see with any of these "low end" companies. It's not just a "second chance" for screw ups as some of you have posted. It is also for new cdl drivers. No top tier company is going to hire someone right out of cdl school or even within 1 year of OTR experience. These are good people with excellent backgrounds. I am a Gulf War veteran with 20 years of middle-management experience in the service industry. I decided that with the changing times that my management style didn't fit the overly sensitive environment we have today and decided to change careers in my mid-40's. I understand and can appreciate "earning my dues" in the trucking industry. I have no aversion to working hard to pay those dues, but my pay should NEVER be anything but what is promised me at hire. I was in sales management for over 15 of those years and NEVER lied to anyone about a position with the company. It is unnecessary. If a company has to lie to their prospective recruits in order to get them, their company is already bankrupt. If there are negatives (and all companies have them), then tell them what they are. For instance, I don't get pissed off because I have to wait all day at a shipper (it's part of trucking so I've heard). I don't get pissed if I get home a day or two later than I requested as long as I get home. I don't care if I get a short load here and there, as long as my weekly pay is fairly consistent. What I DO care about is someone telling me I'll make .37 cpm and 2200 to 2800 miles weekly and I get half the miles routinely or less than .37 cpm. That is crooked and deceptive marketing. My goal is to "pay my dues" for a year and then move on to a more respectable tier company. I don't think it's too much to ask any new recruit to shovel crap for a year as long as my paycheck is there. Mess with my paycheck, and there's gonna be a size 11 boot stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  9. smokepg

smokepg Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Does western express do hair follicles test for pre-employment

10. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    No they don't. Just urine.

11. A_C_Cooper

A_C_Cooper Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Gilbert, SC
    As I have said before if you are worried about it you probably don't need to be driving. Sit it out and detox a few months. And stay clean as long as you drive or you will get caught eventually.

No names left Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.