I am looking at Paul Miller Trucking Camp Hill, PA. What can I expect?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 1tidefan, Aug 8, 2015.

1. 1tidefan

1tidefan Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Lottsburg, VA
    I am currently driving for a regional company running the states of Virginia, Maryland, DC and Pennsylvania. I am looking at Paul Miller Trucking out of Camp Hill, PA. I have spoken with recruiting and been approved for a salaried position of a certain amount paid daily. I was hoping that some current or previous drivers can provide some good feedback on the type of runs, how the salary works and if the home time is every weekend like recruiting suggest. I would also like to know about the insurance. The recruiter I spoke with knew the weekly cost but did not know the ins and outs of the coverage or plan type. In addition I would like some honest input about downtime, break downs, the equipment and work environment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    Paul Miller runs Notheast Regional. They have drop and hook loading at ES3 as one of their primary accounts out of York, PA. They deliver to grocery warehouses. I was looking to lease purchase one of the new gliders they are buying. I spoke to a few of their drivers all claiming to be grossing better than $5k a week.

That being said the drivers I spoke to didn't know their fuel cost, expenses or any meaningful numbers. They also didn't seam that bright except for one guy I spoke to. The lady I spoke to in recruiting gave more realistic numbers and what I could have expected. They don't seam like a bad place to work but it would be a lot of grocery and coffee I believe.

4. ssgstriker

ssgstriker Bobtail Member

I worked for PMT for about 5 years. 2 as a company driver, and3 as a O/O. As company driver, I did well. As O/O I was ok. But when the truck started going down, and the experienced mechanics were gone...it was hard to keep up. Then the office personnel kept changing. That led to the loss of major account. My dispatch tried his best, but I had a family to feed. Hope your stay is better. Runs are good...if you like the Northeast. Home on weekends.

5. KingG239

KingG239 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Hey are you still with pmt..?

6. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    I never worked for them. I was looking into them because they were leasing gliders.

7. KingG239

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Oh k I'm looking at them but I'd yet tho

8. ssgstriker

ssgstriker Bobtail Member

No... Left them last year. Heard they were in bad shape. But you know how drivers talk. Like I said...I did good there. Won't get rich...but I was treated ok. Untill my truck engine blew. But that's my problem not theirs.

9. KingG239

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Ok

10. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    All I can say about them is that I see their trucks a lot at Rand Whitney in Connecticut picking up large paper rolls. I'm guessing they bring them down here to Pennsylvania.

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    See them A LOT at the ES3 warehouse in York,Pennsylvania. Most of their trucks I've seen were the older body style Freightliner Coronado gliders.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.