I am starting a Lease with Prime. Need info on tanker division on it...

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Smokey The Trucker, Aug 22, 2015.

1. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    About 1,500 a week for a brand new, stripped down basic b!tch cascadia, but if your lucky you can get a purple one

iono12345 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iono12345

iono12345 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2012
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    In all the Prime trucks I have seen not one is a basic truck. You want a basic truck, go to Crete Carriers. Primes Cascadias are all Evolutions and are well equipped.

And most def NOT $1500.00 a week. Where do you guys come up with this B.S.

5. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    That's the greatest thing about the internet - you can post ANYTHING you want, and because it's on the internet it HAS to be true....

Cybercat, Straight Stacks and Bumper Thank this.
  6. iono12345

Aug 18, 2012
    Then set us straight, how much is the weekly lease with Prime Tankers, do they come with APUs, collision avoidance, cute Thai girls, are they kept busy, how many miles per week on average? It seems hard to get the straight scoop on how much per week on leases even from company reps, seems like they want to suck you in and then when it is too late after signing something you find out actual costs.....thanks

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yes they come with Tri-Pak Evolution Series APUs, On Guard and Lane Change avoidance systems, a tire pressure alert system too. Fog lights and sleeper windows. I didnt work for Prime, I worked for Jim Palmer which is contracted to Prime so we only pulled their trailers. Which are in very good condition. Never had a problem with a trailer other than a tire. Hopefully a leased Prime driver will come on and give you a breakdown of the real actual costs. Oh and no Thai girls.

8. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    Contact Success Leasing
    One Prime Tanker driver had written here they were requiring some dedicated routes had to have the Lightweight Trucks leased on to run those routes
    Relying on an internet forum for information to run your new business is kinda crazy !

9. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Now you tell me. :eek:

mountaingote Thanks this.
  10. iono12345

Aug 18, 2012
    Understand, just doing some investigation comparing companies and would rather hear from dirvers who are currently paying or quit....thanks

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  11. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Jim Palmer is owned by Wil Trans. Wil Trans is in a partnership with Prime and along with pulling a Prime trailer you are or will be driving a prime truck with Wil-Trans or Jim Palmers name on the side.. What I mean is that is 1 of the parts of Wil Trans partnership with Prime. They get all of there trucks from Prime Leasing. Called an advance lease.. CEO of Wil Trans said they will replace Jim Palmers entire fleet with 2015 Cascadia's and some Petes.. That was in March of 2014 when the purchase was finalized. They say that Wil Trans is not owned by Prime simply are a contractor and partner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.