I am training at CR England Burns Harbor Indiana

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Kevin83165, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Kevin83165

Kevin83165 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Herrin Illinois
    Excuse me but were not dumb people, we needed jobs and CDL's and we got them here. Your place of employment would not train me for $995 and give me a job when I was done. CR ENgland did.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sbgogirl

sbgogirl Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Anderson, SC
    In SC permit are only good 6 months.

4. The Twilight Zone

The Twilight Zone Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Cobb Island,Maryland
    pecking order is wrong......as a solo lease i average 3500 miles a week...when i train i average 6000 a week(depending on the student)...the only complaint i have is not enough home time but my dm is working on that...and i lease......not everyone has all the problems that some people do...i have talked to a lot of people and the reason a lot of them can't make it is because they do not realize that you have to drive to work.....one guy told me he was always late and he didn't know why...later in the conversation he said he always stops so he ca get his naps and such....if you average 500 miles a day you will survive...and also become good friends with your dm.......all trucking companieas are pretty much the same in one way or another.....you hear complaints from all of them...it basically depends on what you really want to do.

5. Eagle_Eye

Eagle_Eye Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    ClarksvilleTennesse
    Well did 6 months with them as a single lease avg was 1800-2100 a week had 1 late due to a mechanical issue. on refer I just picked up loaded. (So nothing on me) And one refuesale. Was out of hours and could not make delivery on time. So I refuesed load. Before you say it. I offered to load it and run what I could(Back to SL yard) But he would not change dispatch said get it and wi;; change it then. I said"Not agreeing tio what I can't Do" He put it as a refuesal. So don't tell me the CRE is a great place to work. I don't know any other company drivers must empty thier pocket and go thru metal detector to see anyone in office, kinda makes you wonder.

Badmon Thanks this.
  6. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    I have nothing to say about CREngland, But FedEx is the same way with getting in the door to talk with anyone in the office, Empty your pockets on the way in and go thru metal detectors,and even to leave empty out everything and back thru the metal detectors

7. Eagle_Eye

Eagle_Eye Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    ClarksvilleTennesse
    Seen that kinda makes since IF you go through where packages are, if not No sense.

8. The Twilight Zone

The Twilight Zone Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Cobb Island,Maryland
    i am not saying it is a great place to work at.....but Swift,CRE,Sneider,Central, and a lot more are all just about the same level...there is good and bad about each company...now as for your miles i would say you had a lousy DM....the one i have tries his best to get me 3500 a week when i run solo...as for the refusal part yes i agree that was on your DM's part....when i am low on hours my DM tells me to let me know how far i can run it so he can set up a swap....as far as emptying your pockets and going through a metal detector....let me ask this...you went to school there...would you want have of the students that come there come to your house?....you have seen what people go to the school.....CRE is not the best i will say...but it is a job and there are worst ones out there.

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    6,000 miles a week training . You just repeated what we knew . CRE trainees are just cheap codrivers that get no instruction from the trainer that is in the sleeper while the "trainee" is driving .

Squad27 Thanks this.
  10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not only would I not want them to come to my house I'm not crazy about having them running down the same highways I'm on while their trainer is in the sleeper .

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    So what's the problem ? I heard CRE drivers and L/O's always had empty pockets . :yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.