I am training at CR England Burns Harbor Indiana

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Kevin83165, Nov 24, 2011.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    This has to be a troll . The average trip is 3-4 weeks and 1400 miles . Yeah , about 350 miles a week so weekly pay at $.26 a mile is just under $90 a week . Most people go home by Greyhound before the 3 or 4 weeks is up . Either the trainer boots you or you escape from the pervert when he leaves the handcuff key too close .
    You can park your car at Burns Harbor . Their parking rates are less than airport rates if you sign a lease .
    When you are looking for these people who share these types of qualities just go on the CB and say you are looking for good buddies .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    You might want to ask for a tuition reimbursement from that good university you attended. They forgot to teach you deductive reasoning...

4. Kevin83165

Kevin83165 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Herrin Illinois
    Piono88

Disregard the truck stop cowboys on this forum, they have never even drove for England. Reminds me of Nam veterans bragging about the war then you find out they never even left the US lol

Question is hard to answer because it depends on your mileage. You might get a good 3 days run but then sit a day. Right now its a little slow in the industry as a whole, figure a good average of 2500 miles a week.

It depends on how fast (or slow ) of a learner you are. We all learn at different paces, but I learned fairly quickly when I began trucking.

Every week. Tip, find a holiday you don't really care about and join that week. They often give huge tuition discounts at that time. I gave up my thanksgiving and christmas and trained for $995. (And get used to it, you will miss those holidays sometimes as a trucker anyway unless you get in with a great company)

After 3 weeks out you earn 3 days off but actually getting them is like pulling teeth. I can assure you that you won't be home every 3 weeks.

Burns Harbor has nothing to do with anything. You just train there. The chances of you going back through Burns is the spin of a roulette wheel, best to leave your car at home. But there were several of us who took our cars to Burns to train and we left it there during that time, it don't cost anything.

Yes, they use Qualcom and they are by the book. I just had a friend 2 weeks ago got terminated for too many log violations.

AchioteCoyote Thanks this.
  5. bones62340

bones62340 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Griggsville, Illinois
    .26 cents a mile is only after you complete your phase one and phase two training, until then you get .12 a mile. Both are bogus, any "good" company starts drivers at around.37 a mile which at C.R. you can only earn after several years of servitude. I would advise if married or children stay away, as you most likely wont get to see them for atleast 6 months. (and thats if your lucky)

6. Daimeon Green

Daimeon Green Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I have been heavily considering CR England. I am not one to just jump into something just because it sounds good. That said, I will soon be attending their training school. I have done my research. Just does not seem like a good idea. What has been your experience since your last post Kevin. I see that I do need to be prepared to maybe starve, and be left stranded on the road somewhere. As well as not being paid on time and a whole list of other things. I am a fighter and many times even though life is not nice to me, it always tuffens me up to be stronger than most, thus I always fare well in any hardship. I dont really want to prepare myself to get dicked around by this company, but the training plus the garunteed job seems like a good deal. Are their any other companies that offer training and hiring as CR England? Or is it worth it and the weak just perish when compared to the strong?

7. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    @ DG did you get the free training with 6 mo. contract?
    I think anyone can deal with 6 mo.

8. Daimeon Green

Feb 17, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I did. They say that I have to start this Monday but I will wait until next Monday. She said the deal will still be applied. From my research it seems like I will have to fight my way out of leasing a truck. What are the pros and cons of leasing a truck...through CR England?

9. Daimeon Green

Feb 17, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    6 mounths seems preety good to me. I just need to be prepared to wrestle and fight to survive. I dont want my pay to be comprimised, meaning if I do everything on my part right, I just want the same from them. I dont want to be left in the wilderness fighting bears, even though I welcome the opportuninty, I just shouldnt have too.

10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    My thoughts are only from others views, And there are not good.
    I have no personal exp. with them. The only thing I would caution you on is, If you get fired/quit before you contract is up you'll owe them Mucho dinero

11. polvann

polvann Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Richmond,Va
    I feel sorry for you...if you think you'll make money there...no free lunch..no free dinner...crappy hotel ...they bus you everywhere you go and treat you like seize.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.