I applied to Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Flareblitz, May 21, 2014.

1. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    We also still have a contract with Mercedes to buy a certain amount of Freights. (From what I was told anyway) But ANY tractor can be junk if it's just a bad build from the very start. Volvo isn't bad, I just don't like the one AVRT buys for the lack of room in it. If we had the 780 instead of the 670 I might drive one. International is decent, just the ones we have always seem to be in the shop more than they are on the road...

Now mind you when I say all this, I say from the respect of a new driver for Averitt. It'll be a while before I see a new tractor of my own. I'm sure when they are new they last a while before sheet happens. :p o_O :rolleyes:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Dunno bout that, my last month spent in and out of shops I saw a LOT of newer trucks, mainly freights and inters, in the shop being repaired

4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    being repaired or being serviced? ...and truthfully... I don't call little things a big deal. (I.E. Fuel filters, belts, brakes, etc...) Those are things that get done during my 10. I'm talking about big stuff. Trans, turbo, differential, etc...Those are the things that take you off the road.

Any of our tractors will breakdown.We all know it's gonna happen to us eventually. LOL

5. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    I stopped getting work done on my 10 a while of go. You spend your break not getting any rest, sure fire NIGHT DISPATCH or YOUR FLEET MGR wants you to run. Now if I am getting anything done, IE service, trl repairs...are done with a m15 now

6. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I mean REPAIRED lol As in mostly torn apart.

7. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I always let my FM know ahead of time when I do it, so if some complication comes up it's not a surprise. Plus depending on where I go, I usually get the work done right away (within a couple of hours at least) since they know that I'm on the clock for a next day leave. And if it can't be done there, no biggie, I move on to the next SC to try and get it done. Once my truck gets into the shop then I send my m15.

This week though... I think I'm gonna have to get to a shop... Coolant leak on the turbo and washer fluid pump stopped working. That may take a while just for parts. LOL

8. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sitting in a hotel for the night, getting a ride home from another driver tomorrow. Apparently I decided to graduate from breaking trucks to breaking myself -.- Was on the catwalk on the truck at the customer getting ready to hook airlines up, got my foot stuck on something and went headfirst into the trailer. Nice big lump on my head, small cut and a injured shoulder. Ended up having to take an ambulance to the hospital. Doc said I had a concussion and a contusion(sprained?) shoulder. Now safety, my FM, and the workers comp people all say I'm officially off duty until I get cleared to return. Pretty much that's this week shot I bet. My head STILL hurts -.-

9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    As thick as it is I'm surprised you have a concussion! LMAO

... Seriously... That sucks, I'm sorry

10. Flareblitz

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Haha that's what my dad and my trainer said when I told them lol At least I kept myself from falling to the ground, at the expense of a wrenched shoulder.

11. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Well hopefully this won't cost you any safety points as a personal accident. Are they talking workers comp? or just sucks it up and not get paid for your off duty time? I also assume someone is taking your tractor back to the yard?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.