I bought a 335- a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by willeo6709, Apr 7, 2016.

1. willeo6709

willeo6709 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    I posted a thread earlier about possibly getting a 2006 335 Peterbilt - Turned out I bought it. It was about an hour from home in mostly rural driving so I got a fair run at it, had a quick local delivery after I got it home for a second hour of wheel time. I do have some questions:
    1. what do you medium duty guys do for your paperwork? The glove box looks pretty small when you try to stuff an 8 x 11 DOT annual inspection sheet in it. BOL's and such too will need a place ( I deliver my own stuff so its packing slips but sucks to chase them all over the cab floor in a swirling wind with the door open).
    2. I never realized how a. low and b. obstructed overhead the cupholder mounted to the firewall in the middle was until I tried to use it after I got it home. a 20 ounce gatorade squeeze bottle won't even fit in it and its pretty low to the floor. My truck has air ride seat drivers side with the 2 man jump seat. abything aftermarket that does not look it was hacked out of a toyota camry and safety pinned to the passenger seat?
    but compared to the international 4300 I am still trying to sell its a quite sweet ride. The cab is about 4 times quieter at road speed and much easier to see out of for me. The IH mirrors were right in my line of sight at stopsigns.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Drivers door has room to screw a B.O.L. map size pocket onto it.

4. willeo6709

willeo6709 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    that solves paperwork, how do I solve where I put my waterbottle/coffee cup where I can actually reach it

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    mount bigger cup holder is really all you can do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.