I have 82,000 cash. What would you do?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ethos, Mar 27, 2013.

1. old time

old time Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Money market pays close to zero

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Real estate and rent it/them out. That is my goal at least...

4. Mulholland316

Mulholland316 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    The other in investment I mentioned doesn't , but No, it doesn't if you know how to read the stock market an what to invest in.

5. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Keep it liquid and wait for the next stock market crash!

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Buying gold would be a better plan than just holding the cash.... if you want to try to time the market in that way..
    Gov could always print another however many trillion dollars, decreasing the spending power of the cash...

Peter Schiff has an interesting podcast. Interesting things to think about, after you disregard his main theme of basicly "it's always the right time to get into gold".

Johny41 Thanks this.
  7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    buy a hellcat and drive coast to coast...........lol

8. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    I been driving 28yrs i had 82g i wouldnt waste it in Trucking if you do, do a lease program first . That way you see how hard it is to save money trust me youll be glad you did .

If you do get a truck buy a used PETE 379 one with a fresh motor and an APU . 379 PETE is like a Harley they hold their value especially with a new motor just like a Harley youll find that out when you shop for 1. If you dont succeed in Trucking you will get some of if not all your money back. Keep that in mind when and if you buy a truck matter of fact keep it in mind before you buy 1. Look around look at cost of a Pete you see what i mean.

Otherwise buy land . Buy it somewhere you know will be future developement. My grandpa had farmland buy the interstate Mall investors came along offered him millions. He had enough left when he did to give every family member including grandkids atleast 30.000 each.

Be smart with it im 52yrs old never seen or prob never have 82000 . You dont see cash like that everyday. Its nice to know you got 82000 but it sucks telln a story you lost 82000 in trucking tryg to get rich.

9. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Gokiddogo , i've been watching Peter Schiff ,Celente since 2008 market crash, took him serious but he is obsessed with imminent dollar collapse and gold, most of his predictions were wrong. Yes could happen very soon , after China introduced petro-yuan few weeks ago, DOW is bouncy and a distraction ,but the clear signal light is ON in bond markets rising interest rates.I would better buy a farm in central BC ,with firewood, water fishing spots , grows food ,something that sustains life;, money and gold are not value but a symbolic reflection of value. I'm personally watching the news and time we live in with the Bible on my hand, see what's saying about precious metals;

Ezekiel 7:19
    "'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin."

fordconvert Thanks this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    $82,000? Put a 50% down payment on a ELD exempt truck.
    Yes I realize this thread is half a decade old but I couldn't resist.

fordconvert Thanks this.
  11. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    ELD EXEMPT might sound good but honestly dont know if thats a good idea. I have a glider now with ELD its a good thing i do,because i had a broker send the company im leased to a new carrier packet stating their ELD compliant.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.