I Have Jury Duty / Somebody Is Gonna' Hang

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 2xR, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    #### am I glad I am not registered to vote. Screw that. I'll never get called in for jury duty. Beside's, that's something I wouldn't want to get involved in, in any way what so ever.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. choo choo train

choo choo train Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    In Florida they pick their jury lists from drivers license instead of voter registration.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Arizona as well.

5. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Texas too.

Maybe if you wear a t-shirt that says "I support capital punishment" to the jury selection the defense will kick you from selection.

I've only been called 4 times for jury duty. In the first it was a murder trial and I knew the victim (I was dropped from the pool). The second time it was a civil matter but a small county and I knew the people involved as did 90% of the jury pool, but the defense attorney made me mad with some of his questions and I told the judge there was "no way I could see past the sleezy big city Houston lawyer and be fair". Again they kicked me from selection.

Third time called it was on a criminal case again but when I pointed out that the reason my last name was the same as one of the arresting police officers was because I'm married to him I was dropped from the pool. Fourth time I was called it was a criminal case against a pedophile and the prosecutor was worried that because I'm a children's pastor and that my religious beliefs would cause me a problem in convicting the accused. The judge asked me my views and I replied a bit to zealously that I believed biblically that pedophiles are the lowest of all humans and should be punished as harshly as humanly possible. Suddenly the prosecuter loved me and the defense got rid of me.

So my advice is marry a cop and make sure the defense attorney knows you'll vote to hang their client you'll never serve! LOL

A side note: My poor husband the ex-cop serves every single time he gets called for jury duty. :biggrin_2559:

6. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    U didn't just say what I read :biggrin_25510:

So my common sense again knew the answer:biggrin_255:

How do I rub that in the face of the boss:biggrin_25517:

7. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I doubt you need to, Logs. Just wear that smug look all wimmin wear on those occasions when they are correct (rather than when we men let you think you are) - it should be sufficient.:biggrin_2559:

What do you need shoes for, anyway?

--------

man, I am SO glad that I don't work for that company, OR live near Indiana. I would be SO dead!

8. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i got a summons a couple of months ago. i just wrote on the back under request for excusal " i am an OTR truck driver and will be out of town" DISMISSED!

9. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    No, I don't operate that way. I was merely joking. Quite a few times I've been unable to get home because I logged things the exact way I did them and didn't have enough hours. Sure, I could've cheated, said it only took me a half hour or something to tarp, but my integrity means a bit more than being home a day earlier.

10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    LOL i thought i was gonna have to stop for the night tomight 45min from home to not go over my 70!

11. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    WOW that might mean a raise in pay for some.Now that Companys are cutting back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.