I have read about the false reporting on DAC thought this might help someone

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Big Papaxx, Oct 30, 2015.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    That is your right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. woncbitten

woncbitten Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2014

4. woncbitten

Feb 20, 2014
    I can tell you first hand that you can dispute information reported on your DAC report but be prepared for a long, exhausting process.
    About one year later, Hire Right removed the false information reported by SRT because they would not respond to their investigation. Hire Right sent me a letter and an updated report showing it was removed. I was relieved and excited I could finally get back to work but when I contacted the company that hired me (providing I clear the report from my DAC) informed me that SRT just put it back. When I contacted Hire Right and advised them it was back, they told me I would need to file a dispute.
    HOW can either SRT &/Or Hire Right be allowed to do this??? So, here I go again but I can certainly tell anyone reading this, yes you can handle it yourself but be prepared for the long haul. There is a big problem with this whole process, when a person has to fight so hard to prove their innocense and protect their rights.

5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I'm just curious, is there an equivalent to HireRight/DAC in any other industry? For example is there an agency that, say a plumbing company, can report to/consult when firing/hiring a new plumber? I've never heard of anything similar in other trades or vocations. Does the absurdly high turnover in trucking make it the only industry that can support a third-party non-governmental reporting agency like HireRight?

6. roadmap65

roadmap65 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    The system is totally broken and unfair. SRT is being malicious. They know how the system works, They put the BS back on there so now you have to spend another year playing games with DAC to get it removed. And the vicious cycle just repeats.

After DAC removed the derogatory information it should not be allow to be put back on.

Urziel Thanks this.
  7. woncbitten

Feb 20, 2014
    Thank you. I guess the 2.6 million Hire Right had to pay due to this very problem wasn't enough. Maybe they need to be reminded.

8. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Only things remotely similar are credit companies. Some companies mainly in the Technology industry will run someones credit report.. The biggest issue is that while DAC is primarily only if you have a cdl the carriers can and do report on people who work for them as Non Drivers.. The carriers are the ones paying Hireright for the service so they are the ones who control it.. But to answer your question the credit agencies are the only thing I know of that comes close. Maybe in Union trades there maybe something..

9. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Sue them. SRT for defamation since they reposted info that they had removed on dispute. DAC for knowingly accepting the successfully disputed information the second time.

10. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i would pay $349 every time not to have to follow up with weekly phone calls and emails Thank you for the link and the information
    I can roof my house and rebuild my truck engine
    but i choose not to

11. mookie

mookie Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Sounds like a scam to me

Surfer Joe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.