I hear freymiller bought buel inc...

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by SCtruckerdude, May 23, 2015.

1. SCtruckerdude

SCtruckerdude Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I used to work for buel inc. I got some mail saying buel was bought out by freymiller. im curious to verify this info. I was wondering also if freymiller hired on any of the buel drivers and what was done with their equipment. most of the tractors buel leased had 1,000,000 plus miles and a lot of old reefers. they did have a few new trailers though

Screwdriversg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    You heard correctly. Freymiller hired SOME of the Buel drivers. The equipment is being sold "as is" and some of it being wholesale.
    I'm sure a lot of the tractors will end up in the oil fields?
    I've asked management, Freymiller did NOT acquire the pacific northwest runs. Nobody will tell me why though.

4. SCtruckerdude

SCtruckerdude Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    were you one of the buel drivers they hired? the northwest runs buel had weren't too bad. they were a lot of potatoes out of Idaho/ Oregon during potato season or frozen french fries during off season. Fresh potatoes went to texas. the french fries usually went to Sysco in Alachua fl or front royal va.

Screwdriversg Thanks this.
  5. Ssand Man

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    No. I've never driven for Buel.
    I looked into it once, did a lot of research on them. Everything I found was bad news. I liked the idea of Buel, and the looks of their equipment. I'm a Tarheel myself.

Screwdriversg and SCtruckerdude Thank this.
  6. Screwdriversg

Screwdriversg Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2014
    USA
    Glad to hear that Buel is out of business.. They ripped off so many drivers including me... Its called Karma...

Ssand Man and runningman0661 Thank this.
  7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    What was wrong with the remaining drivers? They also need to earn a living like everyone else.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

8. Ssand Man

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    I'm not the decision maker at Freymiller. I'm sure they hired who they chose too. Not all drivers are good drivers/people.
    You are correct, everyone needs to earn a living. Those that didn't get hired on,for whatever reason, can go earn their living elsewhere.

9. AntWien79

AntWien79 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    From what I heard, and this is what I heard thru the grapevine(So that it how you want) ... We did not hire a great deal of them due to failed drug tests, poor backgrounds(i.e. CSA's & DMV reports). Also, I was at yard one time & 4 Buel drivers were waiting on their bus tickets home for whatever reason(Their choice, according to them)

Ssand Man Thanks this.
  10. AntWien79

AntWien79 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    What is your truck #? Just curious .... I am in 3315

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Wasn't Buel's main account Swann's?? Love to know who got that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.