I need a set of new Cat injectors, not remans.

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by T800H, Aug 31, 2015.

1. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    Anybody knows where's the best price for a set of new Cat injectors, my engine ser #1LW31037 and it calls for the equivalent to #57, also need the new part number, any help?

another question, if I buy out of state, would I be able to save on tax?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    IL is no sales tax with your MC # there's a handful of states like that. I don't know all of them just IL because I get thru there now and then.

T800H Thanks this.
  4. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    Hi.I remember when I was talking with my shop about injectors he tell my I can rebuild my injectors.how big is the difference between new injectors and rebuild injectors

5. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    Thank you Rollin Coal.

Gerardo the problem with the rebuild injectors is, Caterpillar is pretty sloppy when it comes to that and still they are not cheap at around $500 to $600 each and the quote that have for new so far is $709 pus tax, now there's a few people on Ebay selling for around $250 but again what if they are as bad as Cats reman.
    I don't want to go thru that, since my mechanic is in Miami and I live in the Key 3 hrs one way.

that's why I posted here to see if there's a chance I can save some money on these awful expensive repair that Caterpillar left us with no choice, of a decent rebuilt part at an affordable price.

another of Cats problem is their heads and their price, is like buying gold, with the doubt that might get rust stain.
    they fail so much that they should be around $500.

buying a New caterpillar head is like putting a down payment on a house and that's not including the injectors, if you do, you can include a new boat to the new house.

man I which we could go back to the big cam era.

end of rant.

Good night and keep on trucking guys, be safe out there.

gerardo1961 Thanks this.
  6. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    the remans are a lot better today than they were a couple of years ago. but yes I prefer new over reman, and you don't have to have cores for new either for that price.

T800H Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.