I need info from drivers with superior carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by nmroadrunner, Jan 26, 2016.

1. nmroadrunner

nmroadrunner Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Ok guys, I've made up my mind to apply with Superior. The thing is that I'm going to have to relocate to drive for them. What I am looking for is info on the different terminals (good & bad). Also since I have lived in one town my entire life, I really don't know about life in different areas so anything along those lines would be very helpful. the terminals I'm interested in are AZ, TX, TN and the Carolinas. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Hope everyone stays safe and has a great night.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I don't know anything about Superior, but TN has no state income tax.

4. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. No income tax would be pretty sweet. Do you live there?

5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yes, I live in Chattanooga. Born and raised here. I've lived in Chatt my whole life, except for the two years I spent in Nashville. Tennessee is a fine place to call home.

6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    If i were to relocate I would go with the Pasedena Tx terminal (SE of Houston). No state income tax in TX, cheap cost of living, and that terminal has some really good runs both dedicated and system. Real friendly people and a good shop there too.

Memphis is busy but I wouldn't want to live there personally. NO idea about Kingsport TN or Parker AZ.

*if you are willing to relocate up North we are hiring up here in Auburn ME :)

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  7. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    I really appreciate your reply. I've th about the Pasadena terminal. It would probably be closer to the lifestyle I'm used to. Don't really care for Houston but I'm sure there are decent places to live in the area without having to always deal with city traffic. As far as the Auburn terminal, that is way too far nort and east for me. I'm from the desert. I'm Not man enough for the winters up there. Do you know anything about the terminal in Lakeland FL?

8. TankerYanker965

TankerYanker965 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2014
    Albemarle, NC
    I drive for Superior in the Carolinas. I'd go to Pasadena too if I were you....more loads there

9. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    Than
    ks for the reply. I will give them a call

BoyWonder Thanks this.
  10. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Pasadena has the biggest terminal out of those mentioned. There are many chemical plants in that area. This should mean more loads to keep you busy and more money for new equipment, trucks, etc. All the other terminals you mentioned are too far from major cities for my liking.

11. Virdis

Virdis Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2016
    How do you like working for them? And did you have experience with tankers or did they train you? If you have time to answer it would be much appreciated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.