I reside in Houston looking for cdl school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Stixxx2316, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Stixxx2316

Stixxx2316 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    Hello fellow drivers who actually have there cdl and been driving 5 years or more. My name is Christopher d. im 29 years old. I recently got outta prison in January after a 4 year stent for agg assault and retaliation. My driving record is awesome one speeding ticket back in 2008. No duis no wreckless driving. My license expired because i went to prison for 4 years. So i renewd it. Passed writen test for NORMAL DRIVERS LICENSE and my road test is oct 22. So ill have my hardcopy back in November. Ive heard alot of bad about SWIFT but ive begun my process with them i studied alot of my cdl booklet in prison and can memorize alot of classroom stuff. Not worried. But currently i live in houston tx and due to my situation im looking for a school like swift. Who offers tuition thats not tripping on 9 month old felonies and me being tatted up on my arms hands and fingers. Also wanna make sure the company can put me in a hotel like swift since i dont live close to any schools. Thankyou for the help and god bless you all. You can text or call me Deleted. Or comment here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    Reason for edit: Removed phone number, last name
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If Swift will take you, go for it.
    Do I read this right; you have 5 yrs. CDL experience?
    Millis Transfer might take you.

4. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    When I read "2008" my mind is thinking "a year ago"....I am getting old. Time flies

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I read a long time ago, maybe 2 yrs., that McCurdy M.W. & Co. in Houston hires felons, but not positive that's the case.
    Give them a call and ask. Maybe, they can give you a refresher and hire you.

6. Stixxx2316

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    No i dont have 5 years cdl exp. I was asking for ppp with cdl exp. Yes ive decided to go with swift. Does anyone know if swift does a hair folicle test ir just urine test i been clean off weed a month. Also do they do a hearing test at swift for there physical cause im deaf in my right ear. Thanks

7. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Right out of the pen and using drugs. Amazing. It must be true what they say people walk out the front door and come right back in

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hearing test is easy to pass.
    Doctor stands behind you and says raise your hand when you hear me whisper. Wait a couple of seconds and raise your hand; you pass.

9. Stixxx2316

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    No i didnt come straight out the pen using drugs sir and i. BEEN OUTTA PRISON 9 MONTHS BETTERING my life sir. Ty though for your criticism im not a statistic! I SMOKED WEED TWO TIMES LAST MONTH FOR PAIN CAUSE I CUT TWO TOES OFF LAST MONTH MOWING MY YARD WITH SHOES ON freak accident while i was mowing ditch IDONT USE DRUGS PERIOD! WILL I PASS PHYSICAL WITH TWO TOES CUT OFF ON MY RIGHT FOOT? I can still drive and walk. Tyall for quick responses

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  10. Stixxx2316

Sep 28, 2015
    Houston Texas
    Read what i just posted and correct yourself please im not a statistic

11. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Anyone not interested in helping the OP, just skip the thread, please.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.