I see the trainer qualifications are still low at PAMMY

Discussion in 'PAM' started by sevenmph, Mar 21, 2015.

1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    So my friend finished school and orientation. Got a trainer that has only been training for six months. 12 days out so far and ten of them have been on breakdown. On the third one now.
    After the second breakdown (four days in Little Rock) they got a load to Laredo. After 49 miles the trainer directweed him to stop at the truck stop at the 106 in Arkansas. Thought they wouldn't be able to find a parking spot later! Check engine light came on while in route to Laredo so the trainer decided to put it back in the shop in Laredo.
    Are trainers on salary there now? No way this guy is making money on mileage.

Still gets me... broke down four days then go 49 miles and call it a day??!!!!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Some things in this industry never changes.Your friend is probably thinken is this what I have to go thru when I go solo.

Chinatown and sevenmph Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, and he probably didn't do any research at all before choosing a company. Do you remember the guy a few months ago that spent thousands of dollars on private CDL school then was so excited because he found a great job with CR England? Wonder how that worked out.

As for those "Check Engine" lights; the best thing to do is put a piece of black electrical tape over the light and forget about it.

holycow and UKJ Thank this.
  5. holycow

holycow Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    if u find a trainer out there u have found a rare jewel.these so called trainers just want the trainees along to do the work for them with out teaching them anything.i guess u have to know something before u can teach others

sevenmph Thanks this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Oh wait there is an error in my original post. I said the trainer has only been training for six months. My mistake. He has only been DRIVING for six months.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I was going to say...training for 6 months? Probably just got his CDL 8-9 months ago.

I guess I lucked out back when I started...my trainer had been w/ the company for 12+ years, and had been driving since he was a kid on the farm. He was from my parent's generation, and knew enough to point me in the right direction. I feel bad for a lot of new drivers...training is nothing more than the blind leading the blind. Ridiculous how some of these companies operate...but the SAME companies who are pushing regulators to mandate speed limiters, e-logs, and all of the other BS are the SAME companies resisting stricter standards for training new drivers. Go figure...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.