i-shift problem ,help please

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by charlie747, May 24, 2015.

1. charlie747

charlie747 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
    i have a 2012 w/ i-shift transmission an after i drive for 30 min the transmission is showing in the dash "check the transmission at the next stop" and get desconected for a few secons and then is working again but after i drive 10 min is due the same and i have to stop for a few min, i check wires, batteries,oil... can be a soleniod problem or electrical, where are located? please help me ,volvo dealer say is going to take 2 week at list they are so busy,thank you
    no codes in faulty codes showing

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    idjaidy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If you scroll through the DIC (Driver Information Center) on your dashboard, the Computer should give you a Fault Description and a Code to better assist you without taking your truck to the Stealership.

flood Thanks this.
  4. charlie747

May 24, 2015
    I do that but is no active fualts in the transmission

5. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    On Volvo 2012 unit you can read fault code with the cluster Only when they are active.
    Look for code Starting by MID 130 (Transmission) or Mid 223 (Gesu) module)
    When the problem occur did the transmission show some symptom (Abnormal reaction ?) ?
    Ben

6. charlie747

May 24, 2015
    yes,when the problem occur there's no power even if you press the throttle,no noises, I press the throttle couple times and the power comeback,the first time the problem was when i go up hill but later in flat road,sometimes when I start to feel that is going to happen i press hard on the throttle and I drive for couple miles after happen and is showing in the dash" check the transmission at next stop" and i have to stop because the engine still running but not transmission, after stop the gear still in 12 and I can't put in N for a few seconds , i notice that when my speed under 60mph I run for 45 to 1 hour, but when the speed is 65 o 70 is happen at the 30 min and then at 5 o 10 min
    I look for some code when the the problem happen ,I check in the diagnostics transmission but say no fault codes
    Thank you for helping me Ben

7. charlie747

May 24, 2015

8. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    It look like heat is a factor ??
    For now the only suggestion i can tell you, look on the back of the driver seat at the floor mat level you will see a white plastic connector for the shifter, disconnect it and make sure is clean and (DRY) for all terminals.
    Keep me in touch please.
    Ben

charlie747 Thanks this.
  9. 4play

4play Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Edmonton
    Mine did the exact same thing, had to pull over and just sit and wait, then it would be good for a while, sometimes it would coast then I would suddenly get power back. Took it to Amarillo volvo and they replaced the transmission But not the cap. Fixed the issue, guess the tranny was just wore out and the gears weren't synchronizing properly which confuses the computer

Doealex and roadranger550 Thank this.
  10. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

How many miles?

mirou Thanks this.
  11. 4play

4play Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Edmonton
    About 475,000

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.