i-shift problem ,help please

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by charlie747, May 24, 2015.

1. apostolfoma

apostolfoma Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Did you detect the problem? I got same just now?!?! Plz, help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadranger550

roadranger550 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Another Auto-#### bites the dust. The dealerships just LOVE those pieces of cr*p..err..I mean those wonderful transmissions!!!:D

4. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Yes, dump your auto and get a manual transmission

5. apostolfoma

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    i have a 2010 Volvo D13 w/ i-shift transmission an after i drive for 30 min the transmission is showing in the dash "check the transmission at the next stop" and get disconnected for a few secons and then is working again but after i drive 10 min is due the same and i have to stop for a few min, icheck wires, batteries,oil... can be a soleniod problem or electrical, where are located? please help.
    Two times I was in dealership they couldnt find problem. Now third dealer said its ABS module problem, and I need replace it do 5500 $ W/job. For me it's sounds more then just weird!

6. apostolfoma

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    What it was, I got the same issue

7. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    it song to me like a TECU ribbon tape problem but all code retreived will be required to be more accurate.
    In that situation the transmission request to the engine to drop the engine torque to be able to make a shift but that information is false from the transmission , then engine Rpm fall to idle and wait for new instruction from TECU (transmission ECU).
    The ribbon tape is the circuit use between the TECU and the transmission control housing.
    You need to replace the transmission internal harness, it comes with the ribbon tape assy.
    Ben

QUALITYTRUCK and apostolfoma Thank this.
  8. apostolfoma

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Dear friend, dealer from Wichita said I have to replace ABS Module. It sending bed messages and destroy communication. They charge me 5500$ for it. Dealer said its main issue and computer sayes that it's reason! Should I follow his instructions or reject replacement? Plz, give me advice!))))

9. apostolfoma

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Dear friend, dealer from Wichita said I have to replace ABS Module. It sending bed messages and destroy communication. They charge me 5500$ for it. Dealer said its main issue and computer sayes that it's reason! Should I follow his instructions or reject replacement? Plz, give me advice!))))

10. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    If you want to know if the problem is come from ABS module, remove the fuse no 54 (ABS modul 12 Volts supply check label under the tec tray cover) and road test it.

Note: I-Shift transmission take wheel rotation information from the ABS module,info comes primary from the front wheels (steering wheels) and wheel speed back-up from first rear axle and transmission output shaft sensor.
    When ABS fuse is remove for the test it's possible you will have to shift it manually.
    If you are to duplicate your problem with the ABS module disconnected then you will have your answer.
    Hope this can help.
    Ben

QUALITYTRUCK and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  11. apostolfoma

Jul 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.