I think I'm having the best two weeks ever!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ethos, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    That's ridiculous, why be mad at the company. We can only pull what's legal to pull. People act stupid sometimes. So you and the company are supposed to take all the risks so his precious schedule doesn't get messed up?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Yea,,,we were on a dedicated account and not 3M employees,,,guess he thought he could bully us into running the load. They also had to reheat the load since it had cooled off below minimums, our trucks dint have on board heat loops.

4. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Yeah, I was just 30 min late to a delivery because they didn't put hoses on the preloaded trailer. Had to go to the nearest terminal and search for a clean hose. Sometimes there's a stack of clean hoses, sometimes you gotta steal one off another trailer and hope it's clean. I don't mind the hours though because the job is easy.

-Oh, and the customer had their own hoses, so I was late for nothing. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I carry all hoses and fittings on my truck so I rarely have a problem. Hell, I've even got dry brake fittings just in case.

6. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Pretty much all my loads are drop hook on one end and live load or live unload on the other. Haven't touched a hose since I started running dedicated only.

7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Oh shut up!!! :)

6daysontheroad and wsyrob Thank this.
  8. Thermos Bottle

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I've got all the fittings, but we have to keep the hoses out of sight on the trailers. Sometimes the loading plant seals the hose storage, so I can't be sure if there's even the right hoses in there. o_O

Lucky. The plants make me do everything most of the time, & I always seem to have to back into the smallest spaces. It's good exercise, I guess.

9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    They refused to put hose racks on the trucks, so the only thing we had was trailer tubes. My last run There was the water treatment plant in Golden, Co. Just looking at the oogle map of and not seeing tanks and the very limited space(which was backing up to a builing through an angled parking lot.)told me that it's an indoor tank with a fitting in the out side of the building.

The customer deliver sheet says 20' of hose.
    Problem being the trailer they gave me was a bottom unload, not a rear, so add another 20' of hose. But wait! The sheet also says it's a air off AND a pump off. ?! Which one is it? It 4am and I can't call the customer, so add another 40' to run from the tank to the truck pump.

I go pretrial the trailer and not one hose in it, and every hose, in every othertrailer in the yardhas been used and still have product in them. Go over to the wash rack and no fewer than 24 dirty hoses lying on the ground with an operator playing on his phone, sitting in a chair 20 feet away. I wash 4, and take them. Took an hour for just that. Multilply that by every single run I left the terminal with.

There was a funny story about another driver leaving the terminal and parking by the office to run in and use the potty real quick. Trucks running with lights and flashers on. He comes out and somebody stole all of his hoses.

10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    It's a pump off with air assist.
    I've done quite a few when I was at QC.
    Been to man water treatment plants and that product
    Polymer is very thick

scythe08 Thanks this.
  11. Thermos Bottle

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    :biggrin_2559: I thought about getting locks for the trailer tubes so they'll be safe at truck stops, but I guess I'll need them for the terminals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.