I think it call or spell Panera bread

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by westcoast, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    What brand of trailer is it ? I'm on a phone and can't make out the brand....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    TrailKing...red river live bottom

I dig it...you can boogie boogie, stays planted on the ground, rides like cadillac

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  4. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    That was then during economic fall out. At least did did not apply for any freebee. But it all good.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  5. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    It's one thing to allege race discrimination, and it's another thing to pursue it and prove it in a court of law. Do you have a legitimate cause of action to sue the company? Have you experienced any tangible damages as a result of this 'discrimination'? I need to be upfront with you man, even if you were denied this opportunity based on illegal reasons--and you would need to prove 'disparate treatment' to prevail on a discrimination claim, you wouldn't have many damages unless you applied to this position when you were unemployed. If you were employed when you applied, the potential damages for 'lost wages' would be moot because those damages are only relevant for a period of unemployment.

Disparate treatment meaning, you were denied but Mexicans were offered an opportunity. Disparate treatment meaning that the company has an established pattern of denying (whatever race you might be) while at the same time, offering these positions to only Mexicans. To prove this, you'd need to get a hold of their records and that could only be done in a discovery process once a lawsuit is actually filed.

Also, was this in Los Angeles? If so, you're not going to stand a chance in hell proving that you were discriminated against because all these guys were Mexican. 90 percent of applicants were probably Mexican , and the company could likely show that they did not discriminate against anyone, even if 95 out of 100 employees were mexican. That's because there is a huge hispanic population in this city called "Los Angeles," so jesus..

I think you'd be very, very hard pressed to actually sue this company successfully. But if you feel you were wronged, get a lawyer and explain the situation. Maybe you'll find someone who will take this on a contingency and send them a demand letter for you. Maybe they'd uncover some serious misconduct. But maybe, just perhaps you have found yourself in the unfortunate situation of living in a huge city where Hispanics might very well be a majority population. When a lawsuit goes to court, it goes to a Jury trial unless you signed an arbitration agreement. That jury is going to be full of Mexican people in Los Angeles, and I'm not sure they'll be sympathetic towards your discrimination claim.

Best of luck to you, from a guy who has sued an employer before.

westcoast Thanks this.
  6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I run local out of LA and 90% of all local drivers here are latino, I'd say maybe 5% black, 3% older Asian men, and the rest are other (Indian, middle eastern or white). Whites are actually the fewest drivers I see out here running local.

7. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    Thk, I guess thing happen for a reason. I end up getting a way better paying job. Just wanted let out
    my feeling. I believe the saying, " what done to other, will be done to you". I wont sue them, like you said it hard
    but one of this day and I know they will continueing doing this. Some one else will sue them. their habit is hard to break..

8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    The white people are too busy counting money

9. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Spoken like a true trucker. Thank you.

The steak with white cheddar cheese sandwich is to die for, along with 1/2 Thai salad and their coffee. Panera is fantastic IMO.

Skate-Board Thanks this.
  10. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Am I the only one having problems reading this?

11. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Being from Chicago you should know that a good percentage of local drivers here are White. Los Angeles just has a small minority of us so that's why they're underrepresented in trucking.

I've seen way worse posts here. He went to apply for a local job and was told by the all Mexican staff that there are no positions while overhearing them talking amongst each other that they do in fact have a position available.

Original poster-West Coast, what race are you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.