I think we found one!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Eethomas685, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Eethomas685

Eethomas685 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2016
    NY
    Today I think we found a school that will take my husband on as a student! Swift sounds like they will take my husband since his license is current and he hasn't surpassed their moving violation requirements. His license was suspended for a LONG time due to many old unanswered tickets (6 years old or older) but the recruiter said she was pretty sure he just needed to have had a valid license for a year in his lifetime, not the past year. I'm so eager for him to come home and call them. I'm do hopeful that his young and dumb mistakes don't screw this up for him!

G13Tomcat and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Most recruiters are paid per person that they get in the door. A lot of them will say anything to get you in there, not caring if you get sent right back home.

When I tried to get on with Werner I went with them cause I wanted to run one certain division. I told them wife riding with me. This division ran trucks with a mini sleeper. No way wife couls go. So kept trying to stick me on regional accounts that would have made me no money. Didnt pass my physical cause my blood surgar was high that one day. Never been that high before or since. Thankful never got hired on.

Not telling you this to discourage him from going to Swift or any company. Just want you all to have your ducks in a row and be prepared, just in case.

MidWest_MacDaddy and 123456 Thank this.
  4. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Sounds like the story of a potential Coca Cola account runner @crappiejunkie. If you enjoy 6 hr load / unloads that'd have been about right, haha.

I agree on the point about - get them in, fill the quota, turn the rest away for whatever reason can be conjured.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^ C'mon guys, don't take away her shine. She's happy getting his foot in the door somewhere! It's not CRE, for pete's sake.... or CC or WE . . . .

ps: Good luck, Erin.

6. Eethomas685

Eethomas685 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2016
    NY
    Thanks! We have 2 places for him to pick from which for us is great!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^ Y/W lady, anytime. My wife is my right-hand in trucking; been so long since i've been to school I wouldn't even keep up with the HOS etc etc etc were it not for her.
    Best to you; keep us posted. Any more questions, stop back and some of us are here, most of the time!!
    Glad you stopped over here; more replies, and honesty.
    Be safe, no matter what!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.